Any Idea what this might be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mtraylor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
2,878
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I bought this coral a while back and I didn't think it was going to make it. It dwindled down to a spot about the size of pen head. It was one of the first corals I added after treating tank with dog dewormer to try and get rid of blue star polyps. Now it has made its way back to this. I don't remember what the heck it was, but its starting to look pretty cool. Any clues as to what it might be?

mystery_coral_zpson0wd8iz.jpg
 
Well this guy is certainly not a fast grower and is starting to get shaded out a bit. But Its starting to reveal what it is.
dsc_3040-1.jpg
 
what ever it is. Its very slow grower.
 
Like @spspirate , the original picture the first thing that sprung to mind was ORA German Blue Polyp. But, after seeing branches, and is coloring, almost looks like the Pearlberry....hmmm :)
 
Like @spspirate , the original picture the first thing that sprung to mind was ORA German Blue Polyp. But, after seeing branches, and is coloring, almost looks like the Pearlberry....hmmm :)

Oh I can only wish. I used to have the coral before the crash, and it was one of my favorites. One of my top ten corals.
 
Well I had to cut the coral above it to make more light for this guy to grow. Starting to spread its wings now.
DSC_3442-2.jpg
 
Well its starting to compete for space now. I'm going to have to make it some room. REally like this coral
DSC_4155-2.jpg
 
Finally found the name of this thing Digging through some old receipts.

Its WWC Blue Limeade Acropora.

Anyone else have this one?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new