Any ideas on this, is it a Homewrecker?

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, sorry one more for identification. Grown from a small frag....possibly a Homewrecker? I’m useless at names.....

BBDC8A79-A31E-4FEA-940C-0FFCC7A46F1A.jpeg D7346C03-8A72-4C1C-99A6-7AB4DAF0D591.jpeg

BusyB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t bought a home wrecker before then I would say you shouldn’t call it one. If you bought one and forgot which coral it was then it seems that would be it.
I was thinking the same, you shouldn't forget if you purchased or were given a HW. People pass corals along, i know i do. I have a few reefers that we just exchanged frags

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t bought a home wrecker before then I would say you shouldn’t call it one. If you bought one and forgot which coral it was then it seems that would be it.

I was thinking the same, you shouldn't forget if you purchased or were given a HW. People pass corals along, i know i do. I have a few reefers that we just exchanged frags
What if this guy was growing this acro before there was a homewrecker name? I dunno that seems like a crazy jaded statement . I have seen corals hes posted pics of hes forgotten the name of , and they are nukin futz and mature. I would say he can call it whatever he wants , its in his tank. I would suspect he has alot of other corals that dont have names that are used now . Alot of us do. It makes it easier to reference, when you know the new kids lingo for something older than time . My 2c *Edit* and the guys who confirmed it , they know their ish ... I dont know ish about sticks , I just collect em 4 now , thats an insane colony nice work whatever it is!

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t think you bought or traded for one just call it your home wrecker and not a Jason fox. Point is to keep lineage with names, not to identify corals that look similar. I don’t care much about named corals, I want to see more of these mature colony pics I am hearing of though!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is bad karma to sell something with lineage that does not have it. If you can trace it back to Jason Fox, then cool. Otherwise, just give it your own name.

I am of the opinion that there are only about 7-10 different types of Tenuis and that some are just renames of others with different filters and combos of RB LEDs.

It looks pretty close to me and you can bet that whomever sold the coral to Jason Fox probably not sell all of it and there is more out there. However, nobody forgets buying an expensive coral like this... or even getting it for free, which would be even more uncommon.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a gorgeous rainbow Tenuis that has some resemblance of the typical jf hw coloring. But if you did not purchase or trade for it as a HW with some direct lineage than you should not sell or trade it as a HW.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is bad karma to sell something with lineage that does not have it. If you can trace it back to Jason Fox, then cool. Otherwise, just give it your own name.

I am of the opinion that there are only about 7-10 different types of Tenuis and that some are just renames of others with different filters and combos of RB LEDs.

It looks pretty close to me and you can bet that whomever sold the coral to Jason Fox probably not sell all of it and there is more out there. However, nobody forgets buying an expensive coral like this... or even getting it for free, which would be even more uncommon.
7-10??!! Really @jda??? I have 30 different Tenuis and they all look different. If there was only 7-10 there would be HW, cherry bombs, Angry birds, etc popping up everywhere.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@jda if I'm not mistaken jf collected the original hw himself on a collection dive in indo

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TGC Cherry Bomb has at been renamed or stolen a few times. One is really easy. Anybody care to guess the easy one? Most people don't know or cannot stop the cool aid long enough to see it, but it is plain as day... I heard this directly from the source.

While I know for sure that JF did go collecting once, HW is not one of those. I asked him at a show and he smiled and never answered, so I am assuming. It is almost like an urban reefing legend that everything that he has was collected himself, kinda like Copps, when they just collected some of their stuff. Fragments of the original colony went to about 6 different people - as evidenced from this thread alone.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TGC Cherry Bomb has at been renamed or stolen a few times. One is really easy. Anybody care to guess the easy one? Most people don't know or cannot stop the cool aid long enough to see it, but it is plain as day... I heard this directly from the source.

While I know for sure that JF did go collecting once, HW is not one of those. I asked him at a show and he smiled and never answered, so I am assuming. It is almost like an urban reefing legend that everything that he has was collected himself, kinda like Copps, when they just collected some of their stuff. Fragments of the original colony went to about 6 different people - as evidenced from this thread alone.

Angry Birds?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 49.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back