Any ideas what this is?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WUZUPNOW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WUZUPNOW

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
36
Location
Peoria
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a rainbow bubble tip anemone that was on a rock and after getting it home and in the tank I found this little guy hanging on the side of the rock. Anyone know what it is? The first picture is under normal light and second is under black light.
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2839.jpeg
 
Oh and at night it seems to stretch its many clear tentacles out.
 
I recently purchased a rainbow bubble tip anemone that was on a rock and after getting it home and in the tank I found this little guy hanging on the side of the rock. Anyone know what it is? The first picture is under normal light and second is under black light.
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2839.jpeg
Very hard to see based on distance and blue lighting. While it appears to be a hydroid or ball anemone, it may be not and Brighter white only intensity will be best
 
Yeah, a ball anemone/corallimorph would be my first thought (they're not actually anemones; they're actually related to soft mushroom corals). They don't really seem to cause problems, though they sometimes reproduce quickly.
 
Thanks for all the replies guys. I got it in a spot where I can keep an eye on it to see what it becomes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new