Any Minnesotan here on R2R?

1stopcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wonder if any of you guys here on R2R live in MN? Just a little introduction about myself. My name is Brian and I live in Shoreview, MN. If you're locally, we can get together sometimes and talk about our hobby :angel:

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure are! Super new to the hobby just set up my first reef tank last actually a moded fluval edge 6 gallon will be making a thread tonight or tomorrow! My name is Brandon and I live near Mankato MN.

jerry.womack.92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wonder if any of you guys here on R2R live in MN? Just a little introduction about myself. My name is Brian and I live in Shoreview, MN. If you're locally, we can get together sometimes and talk about our hobby :angel:

Yes I'm here in Blaine, MN just getting back into the hobby after a decade plus hiatus. Just started getting my set up started. Did I see your name in the TCMAS. Do you sell ?
Talk to you again
Jerry

OP
OP
1stopcorals

1stopcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals! Good to know that I'm not only one here from MN. We should get together sometime :)

@Jerry: Yes, I'm TCMAS sponsor under AsianReef.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need to get the club active here!

Walkingthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Eagan. New to forum. Just ordered my first saltwater tank. Hope to get a lot of good info here and my LFS on set up.

benihana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, and congrats on the new setup. There is tons of good things here on reef 2 reef

Have you checked out TCMAS.org yet? That is the local marine forum for us in minneapolis

jerry.womack.92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked out TCMAS.org yet? That is the local marine forum for us in minneapolis !
they are even having a little get together this weekend!

Walkingthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy this weekend. Bummer but will try to make one soon. Do folks around here buy their saltwater from LFS, buy RO from LFS and mix salt in themselves, or install their own RO system?
Thanks

benihana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most will tell you that they make their own RO/DI water and mix their own salt. With units available in the $150 range, if you run the numbers, it will most likely not take too long before you show a positive ROI (Return on Investment)

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blaine, MN here! :) I'm on tcmas.org as well...same username, but I'm more active on R2R.

I bought a 4-Stage RO/DI system from BRS and I mix my own salt. Not that I distrust the LFS, but this is more convenient for me and allows me to monitor things to make sure I'm always getting 0 TDS water.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1stopcorals

1stopcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe someone make this thread live again. Thanks guy/gal. We do have quite a good numbers of reefer in MN.

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck ya about time lol I'm in kato, 120 reef with a 4 ft brs frag tank plumbed in for all my extra frags hehe

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back