Any name on these zoas ?

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to get the pic to look like it does in person but this is as close as i can get with blues.

Its from ORA just called ora orange zoanthid. Ive had em along time ago but my amhipods ate them when they got sick. Finally got some more today. Although some have green in the center and purple rings looks odd.. Looks like two diff types of zoas to me

20200604_005519.jpg

20200604_010111.jpg

OP
OP
R

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i know someone was gonna say fire and ice but they look different then fire and ice. There are morphs didnt know that ?

The green and purple ones its weird how they look diff too..

OP
OP
R

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at fire and ice the centers on fire and ice im seeing are different. These have nice solid lined blotchs.. fire and ice doesnt . Weird

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i know someone was gonna say fire and ice but they look different then fire and ice. There are morphs didnt know that ?

The green and purple ones its weird how they look diff too..
Its the way the light hits and the camera catches it. I think they are all the same. There's morphs of everything's.

OP
OP
R

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here they are on oras website. If you look up fire and ice they dont habe these defined white blotches and solid black background?

I habe red zoanthid from ora as well and never been able to find anyone else with them or a name

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604-162928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-162928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
R

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close but the entire tentacle is orange those are half n half and the blotchs still dont match.

Check out the pic i sent of oras. I wonder if they have zoas no one else has named with a funky name yet

NeptuneRjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones on the left look like fire and ice to me but I'm not sure about the ones on the right. Could be a morph of fire and ice.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So there's a few named variations of these. The ring of fire/cc chemical romance's distinguishing characteristic is the splatter with green. The alpha and omega lack the green and are blue. But, to pretend like there isn't another 10 morphs that have characteristics of both would be silly.

To my eye what you have appears to be ring of fire (the chemical romance is a secondary branding from cherry corals).

OP
OP
R

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks the chemical romance looks exactly like those green middle with a white splash and purple outside with orange tentacles.. looks jusy like it.

But the others still look different a little then the ring of ire or fire and ice and so forth. They look better then those imo due to the more pronouced shape of the white blotchs

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks the chemical romance looks exactly like those green middle with a white splash and purple outside with orange tentacles.. looks jusy like it.

But the others still look different a little then the ring of ire or fire and ice and so forth. They look better then those imo due to the more pronouced shape of the white blotchs

I'd say give it time. Just mentioned on another post how some zoas change as they mature. I don't know this strain to do that but it's a possibility. I see the difference you're talking about, guess we'll just have to see.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Light spectrum makes it many possibilities:
Im thinking one of the following:
Bubble gum, Orange splatter or utter chaos

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back