any nuvo advice?

snowolf41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guys, so to start off im thinking about getting a Nuvo tank now the problem is i was looking at the 4 gallon one because i was it in my office then i thought to myself for a extra 50$ i can get the 8 gallon one. but as they say less is more right? now i have never bought a Nuvo tank and i was wondering if anyone has any reviews or pics of ether the 4 or 8 gallon as for the lighting goes im sure i can keep zoas in there. any advice or comments are always welcome!

trahelyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 8-gallon Nuvo, and I wouldn't recommend going any smaller. It's a gorgeous tank, but I'm already gearing up to buy the 30L. Even for a desktop system, though, I'd suggest going for the 8 gal minimum. Will post a photo momentarily.

trahelyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1412821574.533631.jpg

My Nuvo 8. Looks very blue because I haven't figured out how to fix that in iPhone photos. I have a kessil A150 on it, but the stock light was nice, too.

OP
OP
S

snowolf41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazing tank! see i like the look of the small tanks i was thinking of just doing zoas and green star. think the stock light would be good for those?

trahelyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the stock Skkye light for a few months, and it was totally fine. I had some pink zoas that ended really stretching for light, which is why I bought the Kessil, but some of my other zoas were doing fine. I think placement will matter a bit more with the Skkye. It's a great way to start, anyway--you can always upgrade the light if you decide to add some SPS or something down the road.

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazing tank! see i like the look of the small tanks i was thinking of just doing zoas and green star. think the stock light would be good for those?

The stock lights are terrible. I use them for fuge lights lol

The corals you mentioned will open / grow under them slowly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back