Any one have kitty problems?

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a bottle of discipline aka a home depot spray bottle or an air canister for cleaning computers but I trained my cats to sit and stay off counters in the kitchen. They listen 90% of time but lucky know the tank is off limits. Fish are friends!

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kitty problems you say?…… Sylvester has claimed my warranty replacement I’ve yet to get flowing :p
BC4DFC7E-B242-40DD-ADDA-08B157B23B2C.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have lids you can an try mouse traps. I used to put them behind my tank because the cat would go back and mess with the wires. Disclaimer I did catch a young arrowana when it jumped out of the tank. I may be the only person who has caught a fish in a mousetrap but I'm not sure. I've also set cardboard on the counter hanging over with empty drink cans weighting the other end. The cat jumps on the the cardboard falls to the floor and cans fly all over making lots of noise so this might work on the tank also. I ended up getting dogs instead

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the cat have other things to distract it like abundant toys, empty box, a big cat tower?

I've noticed a lot of the bad behaviors with my cats was providing other things for them to be interested in. Once I got a big cat tower, they rule that, and if they start to get into trouble I keep them interested by adding cat nip to the tower.

Sour Apple spray worked for some behaviors as well, we also used loud party horns to keep them off counters and it has seemed to work.

Vagabond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
This may be on odd question but does anyone have any advice or tricks to keep a naughty kitty off of their tanks?

I have a very curious/naughty kitty that has about broke the "temporary" lid on my 24gal tank. (no fish in there yet, its still cycling). eventually i'll be getting a better lid/lighting for it but not as of yet. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
I have a cat that's not as curious as yours, i would remove anything thats too close to the tank that enables him to get within reach of the top of your tank.Also get him more toys to distract him form the tank and keep him busy.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughters' rescue kitten USED TO jump up on my screen/mesh top all the time but, eventually, just got bored with it so now leaves everything alone. (Luckily, never went THROUGH the screen)

Just 'cause I find this amusing -- old tank but you get the "interest" the cat used to have:

Mokki1_yummy.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Train it not to. My cats don't jump on my tanks. Nor do they jump on my kitchen table or counters...at least when I'm around.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back