any ora german blue polyp acro owners out there?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
944
Location
Yellow Springs ohio
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a really nice large colony of ora german blue polyp acro that has great green coloration but I dont get the blue polyps. It has good extension but just wont turn blue. I have it under maybe 250 par with led lighting. Just wondering if anyone else has this acro and what conditions they have the coral in to get the blue polyps? I just moved the coral up alittle bit higher to maybe 350 to 400 par tonight. Not sure if that will do the trick or it needs something from my water it isnt getting.
thanks
Jeff
 
I cant tell you the par, but I keep mine in med/high light. Higher than a monti but lower that most of the rest of my SPS.
February-5669.jpg
light.
 
Has yours always had the blue polyps? I remember way back when I got the frag it did have the blue polyps but lost them in my tank. It was under 400 watt halides but has been towards the bottom of my tank with leds. Anxious to see if raising it up some will develop the blue polyps. Yours seems to be a lighter green? Mine is a really dark green.
thanks
Jeff
 
Yes it has, Dark green instead of olive green is either less light or more nutrients. I run ozone to keep my water crystal clear and am able to grow SPS deeper with LED's than others can. Do you ever run carbon? That help clear up water real well. Notice, mine grows beside that crocea clam. They require high light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new