Any other options then apex ?

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you're looking, be sure to check out the new one from CoralVue. It's intended to be a budget friendly controller. I believe it's called Hydros. @Jeff@CoralVue would be able to help with more info.

Im surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about this controller, I started a thread in the controller section.. I for one am stoked about their release =)

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other options other then apex ? I don’t need any crazy graphs... I don’t need it run my lights or pump ..only looking for something to give me alerts on ph temp and salinity and maybe something else ....any info would be much appreciated

While you're looking, be sure to check out the new one from CoralVue. It's intended to be a budget friendly controller. I believe it's called Hydros. @Jeff@CoralVue would be able to help with more info.

Im surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about this controller, I started a thread in the controller section.. I for one am stoked about their release =)

We do have a couple of more budget-friendly controllers coming out early next year which we debuted at MACNA last month. The HYDROS Control 2 will be $199.99. The Control 4 will be $399.99.

@Afishionado released a pretty detailed interview with our staff yesterday about the new controllers and how HYDROS differs from other aquarium automation solutions. You can find it on the Reefs.com website: https://reefs.com/2019/10/07/macna-2019-coverage-hydros-from-coralvue/

The Control 4 includes a temperature sensor, pH sensor, Power 4 WiFi Power Strip, and a Smart Plug WiFi Outlet.

We did not include a salinity probe/sensor because we're working on something better for that. ;)

#Hydros

Last edited:

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your considering a diy unit, I would look into reef-pi. Mine only controls ato, temp, pumps, but for now that was all I wanted it to do. I will be incorporating automatic ware change into my controller.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back