Any other triathletes out there?

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my 12th or so triathlon today (2nd olympic distance) and it got me to wondering if there are any reefers out there tri'ing? And how in god's green earth do you keep both tri and reefing expenses balanced?! LOL! Let me tell you, race entry fees could get me a LOT of coral. Last month, I coughed up an embarrassing (to me) number of dollars for IM Waco 70.3. It'll be my first HIM distance, so if I finish it and survive, I'll probably buy myself a nice frag in celebration! So, if you're a triathlete, or a swimmer, cyclist, or runner, raise your hands (and finisher medals, tan lines, and chafe marks)! We're all doubly awesome!

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done five marathons, but haven’t done one in a few years and probably never will again. It was just too stressful, time consuming, and probably not good for my body. I run more casually now and just do about 20 miles per week in the warmer months and just hit the gym when it’s cold out.

Genomecop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. But my 23andMe DNA test says I have something special.

Studies have found that almost all elite power athletes (including sprinters, throwers, and jumpers) have a specific genetic variant in a gene related to muscle composition. You have the same genetic variant as these elite athletes.

OP
OP
SallyWho

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. But my 23andMe DNA test says I have something special.

Studies have found that almost all elite power athletes (including sprinters, throwers, and jumpers) have a specific genetic variant in a gene related to muscle composition. You have the same genetic variant as these elite athletes.
Well, then get to work! You're genetically inclined to athleticism! :p My 23andMe test said I don't have that variant, which is probably why I will never look like the typical triathlete. If there's anything I've learned in the past four years, it's that I don't have to be skinny or fast to finish a tri!

Genomecop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I laughed at first but years YEARS ago when I was a heavy weight lifter I was able to really get big fast. Now, that could have been just luck but it's funny that years later this shows up on my DNA test. Could be nothing, could be something.

Redleg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is a runner. A good portion of our vacation budget is spent on her 13.1 addiction. That gives me more leverage when in comes to my new reef addiction.[emoji41]

OP
OP
SallyWho

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is a runner. A good portion of our vacation budget is spent on her 13.1 addiction. That gives me more leverage when in comes to my new reef addiction.[emoji41]
"Honey, we did your race destination/vacation this spring and I stood out in the heat holding a snarky sign for you for a few hours instead of hanging out on the beach with a cocktail. I think that's worth a frag of my choice..." :D

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I was a pretty good runner and love riding my bike, but don't like running and haven't really ridden my bike this summer.

I really need to find some motivation for "me" pleasure. Full time work, taking care of the kids and full time school just sucks the energy out of me.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back