Any pellets that help remove specifically phosphate?

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pellets that help remove specifically phosphate? Or beneficial bacteria that focuses specifically on phosphate?

I've had elevated phosphates, and I would like to switch to an organic removal system that promotes bacteria, instead of using an exporter like GFO or Phosguard. I added my thread about this here in reef chemistry if you would like to tag along. I have some MicroBacter, but not sure if it focuses on Nitrate or phosphate removal. I would like to get something that takes out more PO4.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate is a basic element for life - any thing that promotes bacteria growth is going to reduce phosphates. Sometimes though, the food we add can over power the phosphate up take. Anyways...I've always had some Phosguard or my favorite Lanthanum Choride (Phosphate Rx) on hand just in case thinks go a little phosphate heavy. Stops me from having to bottom out nitrates to get phosphates down. So yes, the natural way is valid and how I like to do things...but sometimes it just needs a little assist. That said, my tank is now pretty stable and balanced and mature so I haven't had to add Phosphate Rx in the last year. Those first two years though...every now and then a little knockdown helped occasionally (maybe once every other month).

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate is a basic element for life - any thing that promotes bacteria growth is going to reduce phosphates. Sometimes though, the food we add can over power the phosphate up take. Anyways...I've always had some Phosguard or my favorite Lanthanum Choride (Phosphate Rx) on hand just in case thinks go a little phosphate heavy. Stops me from having to bottom out nitrates to get phosphates down. So yes, the natural way is valid and how I like to do things...but sometimes it just needs a little assist. That said, my tank is now pretty stable and balanced and mature so I haven't had to add Phosphate Rx in the last year. Those first two years though...every now and then a little knockdown helped occasionally (maybe once every other month).
I am using PHOSGUARD + ROWA. I would like to switch to a bacteria or pellet food though to cut down my reliance on this! Appreciate your input.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back