Any recommended pellet reactors??

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add a pellet reactor to my system. Need a reactor big enough for 300g or at least 1000ml of pellets. Considering the hydra 2, but thought I'd ask. Also, I'm pretty sure on the pellets that I'm going to use (hint: Jon Warner's), but suggestions are welcome. Thanks y'all.

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO

Downbeach

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might check the Reef Octopus BR 2000ss. It's really well constructed, and uses the Water Blaster pump.

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If money were no object, I'd go with the Reef Dynamics reactor. You can control the output flow and the tumble rate. I think CADlights makes a similar one. That said, I have a JNS reactor and really like but it will be too small for you application. The Aquamaxx biopellet reactor has a very similar design but holds a lot more volume but a feed pump is required

hydrowary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the CAD Lights Cone bio reactor. i like it alot, its very well built and comes with everything right from the start such as pump, plumbing, valves etc. took me all of 10min to put together. it has a re circulating control valve which i can easily control the flow of the drain and internal tumbling all in one turn. its super space saving too with the pump built inside the unit. the cone shape helps alot in improving the efficiency too. i think they have a video on youtube you can see. theres others that have it hooked up too there.

hopefully it helps

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks y'all. I do like the CAD one, but the others are being looked at too. Keep 'em coming.

azjohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If money were no object, I'd go with the Reef Dynamics reactor. You can control the output flow and the tumble rate. I think CADlights makes a similar one. That said, I have a JNS reactor and really like but it will be too small for you application. The Aquamaxx biopellet reactor has a very similar design but holds a lot more volume but a feed pump is required

I agree

IMO you want a recirculating style of reactor, where you have separate control of the tumbling and return back to the tank. I have the Reef Dynamics and love it, very easy to remove top and add pellets to

there are also videos on youtube on who to make a DIY reactor from a calcium reactor

ImageX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw the new cpr reactors at macna and they're really nice look into em... small and compact.. and it cycles the pellets perfectly..

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I just purchased a sro 140 reactor for a amazing used price! Looks like I'll receive it this week. I'm going to start it up using a old mag 5 I have, but might need to go bigger depending on the flow/tumble with 1000ml (250 starting and going up every few weeks by another 1/4, basically I'm going slow). Now to find/order ecobak pellets. Will let y'all know/update on it. Thanks to all who replied.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back