Any sources for Chloroquine Phosphate?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try searching for Marex from American Aquarium Products. I have not purchased from them, but they do list it as being in stock, and I used to use Marex decades ago, it works well.

jay

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try searching for Marex from American Aquarium Products. I have not purchased from them, but they do list it as being in stock, and I used to use Marex decades ago, it works well.

jay
I recently purchased Marex. I couldn't get any fish to eat when dosing at the recommended levels. This across two batches of fish (clowns, hawkfish, etc.).

This may be a one-off. The product contains CP but another product (an anti-flea med) that I suspect complicates things. The owner was not amendable to questions about the product.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased Marex. I couldn't get any fish to eat when dosing at the recommended levels. This across two batches of fish (clowns, hawkfish, etc.).

This may be a one-off. The product contains CP but another product (an anti-flea med) that I suspect complicates things. The owner was not amendable to questions about the product.
Yep - the formulation may well have changed in the 45 years since I last used it....never had those issues back then.
Jay

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your fish are eating, the medicated food at Everything Aquatics works well. I have used the triple Cure to great effect and a friend used the CP food to good results too. I have used the antiparasite one too. Just not sure if it worked. No issues though. :)

Coralqueendom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jay
we have ordered Marex and will post what success we have with it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

crstlblu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did anyone ever find a source? wanting to start purchasing fish again and quality of livestock hasnt been the greatest. Would love to set my QT tank back up and get my hands on some. FYI i live in Wisconsin if anyone has some to sell. Geez this thread sounds like a drug deal lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back