OP
45ZoaGarden

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't much evidence to suggest that juvenile tangs swim any less each day than adults. Perhaps in the few months after settlement, but by a year they are swimming just as much as the rest.
Yes, I never said they swim less. A smaller fish needs less room to turn around however. A 2 inch fish will be able to constantly swim in a figure 8 shape while a 6 inch fish will barely be able to turn around. A smaller fish is suitable for a smaller aquarium. A 2 inch tang would be fine.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep yellow, purple, PBT, Hippo tang in my 65 gal reef. Not all together but one at a time. My situation is different. As soon as they get big they go into my tank at home. None stay there for more than 6-8 months.

OP
OP
45ZoaGarden

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep yellow, purple, PBT, Hippo tang in my 65 gal reef. Not all together but one at a time. My situation is different. As soon as they get big they go into my tank at home. None stay there for more than 6-8 months.
Orion we have already established that the fish will be staying in my tank for awhile then going into my fathers 150 gallon tank.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone mentioned Pygmy Angels (since the Tangs don’t seem good for that size tank.) Just a heads-up, I have a beautiful Keyhole and a Rusty in a 6-foot long tank, but they really only come out of the rockwork to eat. Very disappointing.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone mentioned Pygmy Angels (since the Tangs don’t seem good for that size tank.) Just a heads-up, I have a beautiful Keyhole and a Rusty in a 6-foot long tank, but they really only come out of the rockwork to eat. Very disappointing.

Something must be intimidating them then. Pygmy and Dwarf are usually pretty active and very visible. Haven't seen a shy Cherubfish yet, other than when they are new to the tank and just getting used to their environment.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the years, I keep the following Dwarf Angels: Nox, Flame, Coral Beauty, Fireball, Flame back, Cherub and Yellow tail Pigmy. All are outgoing, darting in and out of the rock. No problem with visibility.

OP
OP
45ZoaGarden

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any problems with nipping?
Over the years, I keep the following Dwarf Angels: Nox, Flame, Coral Beauty, Fireball, Flame back, Cherub and Yellow tail Pigmy. All are outgoing, darting in and out of the rock. No problem with visibility.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nox: absolutely not coral compatible IME. This was too bad becasue I think they are the most graceful of the small angels. I tried it twice and have to tear the tank apart to get them. Multiple time with Coral Beauty and no great luck, some OK, other are not. Only keep Yellowtail Pigmy one. No problem. No problem with the other three angels.

By no problem I mean not able to keep Xenia, unknown on fleshy LPS except Flavia, and occasional picking on SPS result in much less PE. These are OK with me so I consider them fine in my tank. None of my coral ever got kill by my angels.

OP
OP
45ZoaGarden

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about flame angels
Nox: absolutely not coral compatible IME. This was too bad becasue I think they are the most graceful of the small angels. I tried it twice and have to tear the tank apart to get them. Multiple time with Coral Beauty and no great luck, some OK, other are not. Only keep Yellowtail Pigmy one. No problem. No problem with the other three angels?

By no problem I mean not able to keep Xenia, unknown on fleshy LPS except Flavia, and occasional picking on SPS result in much less PE. These are OK with me so I consider them fine in my tank. None of my coral ever got kill by my angels.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back