Any tips on culturing infusoria?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Infusoria is an old term for freshwater single cellular plankton essentially? covering anything from ciliates to phytoplanktons? I have seen some marine ciliates used in marine aquaculture, but I think the state of the art has moved towards copepod nauplii. Phytoplankton cultures are quite useful for marine tanks but there are difficulties around sterilization it seems. What are you actually wanting to culture?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah, maybe some other people here have experience about that, @Angel_Anthias lover has bred some betas. I might recommend trying a freshwater specific forum. I am sure there are forums dedicated to just betta fish care and breeding, which you will probably get better and faster answers on.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant say ive ever used infusoria, but i shall look into it in the future. When i try to raise my betta channoides fry i try microworms and daphnia and sometimes small crushed up pellets work. Though i understand channoides fry is larger than maybe the likes of the splendens. What species are you working with?

OP
OP
R

ramon831

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant say ive ever used infusoria, but i shall look into it in the future. When i try to raise my betta channoides fry i try microworms and daphnia and sometimes small crushed up pellets work. Though i understand channoides fry is larger than maybe the likes of the splendens. What species are you working with?
I am working with a freshwater male betta breeded with a double tail betta female

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately havent worked with the bubble nesting species like yours, so i cant speak much for it.

I find this person helpful for research, she does lots of culture videos if i remember correctly, but none on infusoria unfortunately.

Theres one on daphnia she did

This video seems to have good reviews on culturing infusoria

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back