Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I’ve been having trouble with my waterbox 100.3

it seems to me that the overflow has two states it can be in-

1. water level too high and safety drain gurgle

2. water level just below safety drain and splashes from the water overflowing

I have played with the gate valve for 7 weeks and can’t get it quiet enough. The splashing noise is a nuisance.
Has anyone got any tips or tricks to silence a waterbox?

Thanks in advance for any input.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you contacted them?

Had a custom bean animal design on my last tank.

If things ever got out of whack with the drains, my wife would know it would be a long night of me messing with the tiniest adjustment to a pump or drain and then waiting to see the result.

Probably was the tank was open to the living room in the dining room, so the noise would be super annoying.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never owned or even seen a WaterBox before as they don't sell them over here, however the principles are similar and fairly abstract.

Basically, your goal is to use the valve to adjust the water level so that the water would barley be over the main drains. The emergency drain should never have water coming in unless the main drains are blocked.

If you have a pump with the ability to adjust the speed, you may use it to your advantage as well, to fine tune it even further.

Another point to take into account are roller mats that connect to the drains, they will influence the water level and change it as the water level inside them change. Unfortunately I don't know of any remedy to this problem, but maybe others can chime in with their own experiences.

OP
OP
R

rcdreef2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never owned or even seen a WaterBox before as they don't sell them over here, however the principles are similar and fairly abstract.

Basically, your goal is to use the valve to adjust the water level so that the water would barley be over the main drains. The emergency drain should never have water coming in unless the main drains are blocked.

If you have a pump with the ability to adjust the speed, you may use it to your advantage as well, to fine tune it even further.

Another point to take into account are roller mats that connect to the drains, they will influence the water level and change it as the water level inside them change. Unfortunately I don't know of any remedy to this problem, but maybe others can chime in with their own experiences.
Thanks for the reply. This was my problem. The flow was too strong and I was not able to keep the splashing down without overflowing my emergency drain. I think waterbox should have the E drain a bit higher so that you can keep a stronger flow going. I dialed the pump back to 60 percent from 70 percent and was able to quiet the noisy overflow. Hope this post helps someone else down the line.

Calizoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Maggie muffler stand pipe silencer may work but I’m not sure but for $20 it’s worth a try

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. This was my problem. The flow was too strong and I was not able to keep the splashing down without overflowing my emergency drain. I think waterbox should have the E drain a bit higher so that you can keep a stronger flow going. I dialed the pump back to 60 percent from 70 percent and was able to quiet the noisy overflow. Hope this post helps someone else down the line.
I’m having the same issue right now on my 90.3. They say it takes 3-5 minutes for the water level to fully adjust, which I’ve done at least 8 times. With a slight turn the valve either adds too much or removes too much but now that I’ve finally got it right below the emergency drain, there’s still intermittent splashing.

Back