• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Any Unsatisfied Orphek Users?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Endoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a big fan of Orphek LED. I own 2x PR 156, 1x PIF 100, 2x Atlantis V1, and 3x Atlantis V2.
Starting with 2x PR 156 on my frag tank for almost 3 years. Amazing LED for high light demanding SPS frags. I hang them 16" above water line, and still have PAR 300 plus measured at bottom of my frag tank. All the acro, monti, BN, Stylo and pocci. grow like hell. If you are looking for a LED lighting for your frag system, won't go wrong with PR 156. Color is yellow though.
PIF 100 on my quarantine system. Haven't kill any thing yet. Perfect for the new comers to acclimate.
Two Atlantis V1 to replace my ATI PM over my 200 G mixed reef. All the softies love it, and they look very happy. Monti, BN and Pocci also grow fast with good PE. I have a Monti grow from 1" frag into 10" big colony in 1 year. But...... most of the Acros struggle. They grow slooooow, esp. Mille, Formosa and Green slimmer.
Scott talked me into another 3x Atlantis V2 because of new UV feature added on. I thought this might be the solution to boost the Acro. But the same result duplicates. Most my Acro still struggle. Apple or orange? They are both fruit, you have to pick the right one that fit for your body needs. Not because of one is more expensive than the other. Cut down the lighting period will erase the difference of energy cost.
Why PR 156 delivers, but Atlantis V series can't? There are many MH reefers hesitate to switch to LEDs. Because they are waiting for one good LED lighting which can match Radium in color and growth.
I am sharing some of the user experience, no bad intention. Again, don't take it personal.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing personal at all man. :)

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be starting a thread here soon showing that when used properly an SPS acro can come back from near death and look amazing with Orpheks lighting. (No coral feeding at all, just fish and lighting)
Not judging your experience but I still hold firm that at 100% it is too much.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on!
like I have said be conservative
I have been working on pictures today for my thread.
you will be amazed :)

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to check these guys out. ------> https://www.facebook.com/Fraghousecorals
They are 100% Orphek Atlantik lit. (v2.1B units)

Thanks for the feedback Endoreef. You know we are always happy to hear from you!!!!

Endoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel bad to post my experience here. But thank you for your listening.
Olfir said I can send the Atlantik V2.1 back to replace with some high PAR diodes like those in PR 156. I would like to give it a try to see if this will boost my Acro and be happily ever. Should I contact Scott?
I want to stress that my Acros have nice color and good PE, just show no or few growing tips and grow very slow not like those under PR 156.

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your experience is not bad. You just did not have as good of results as you were used to with our Products.

Yes, contact Scott at [email protected] and he will help you to make changes.

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys
I am in the Uk and running 2 x orphek atlantik 2.1b and have issues with one of them does anybody have the contact details of the owner/CEO if so will you please pm them to me.
many thanks Bill

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys
I am in the Uk and running 2 x orphek atlantik 2.1b and have issues with one of them does anybody have the contact details of the owner/CEO if so will you please pm them to me.
many thanks Bill
@maxwell, By any chance is this an issue with them both syncing to a common router?

I'm having that issue with my Atlantik 2.1b's. They've never sync'd.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are actually getting out of the industry or going out of business.

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running Atlantik version 2.1b, with 2 ATI T5 supplements (3 hr/day). Start to notice great coloration. Mines have problem connecting to the router every now and then. When that happen, I reconnect to the network on my phone (Galaxy S5.) and the lights would show up. I had trouble contacting Orphek all the time, but I have a direct number to a US sale person now. I can find out from him if they're still in business and see if I can get a UK contact number you.

Gary Wilkinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running 3 x Orphek Atlantik V2.1b for 18 months and am very happy with them

IMG_0214.JPG

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had orphek atlantik v1 and had very good results with them. I was looking for more color so I purchased t5's. I can't say that there is much difference between the two in terms of results.

Gary Wilkinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had orphek atlantik v1 and had very good results with them. I was looking for more color so I purchased t5's. I can't say that there is much difference between the two in terms of results.

I would expect that, I did a huge amount of reading before purchase, especially looking at the spectrums emited and spectral PUR needs of corals, the Orphek was very close to the output of a T5 ATI unit with is considered one of the best for T5, where you see many nice SPS tanks my previous lights on the old system were Arcadia OT2 LED this was a 6 tube T5 Hybid at the time the spectrums made by LEDs were very limited 450 nm and white said to be more than 12K My lamps ramp up and down over a 2 hour period, with 8 hours at 100% on all channels, there are no issues with hot spots

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 V3's over a 135. Agree with everyone else that these are great lights and are practically plug and play. also agree that care is needed to use their acclimation setting as they are very powerful. Noticed an immediate difference even when in acclimation mode.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back