Any use fujifilm xt1

bb2jdm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fujifilm xt1 that I'm trying to tweak to take pics of my coral. I can't seem to get all my settings right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OzarksReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the X Pro1 - Fuji makes an awesome camera! Are you shooting with a kit zoom lens or are you using one of their primes? I'm not sure there is anything really unique to the Fuji that I can point out, but suggest a few things generally:

• Shoot in one of the creative settings, not auto or program. I suggest aperture priority so you can easily tweak depth of field
  • Shoot in RAW format only - the camera can't process our light spectrum well, so JPG will generally limit you
  • Use a tripod if possible, especially if exposure times are longer than 1/60 (1/100 on longer lens)
  • Keep the lens absolutely parallel to the glass of the aquarium - shooting an angle will cause distortion
  • Adjust white balance and exposure on your PC - again, the camera is not going to handle our light spectrum well, but a good post-process on the PC will.
  • Shoot from the top down using a photo box if possible - the corals are amazing when viewed from above!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back