Any Vendors in the Area that will QT fish

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any vendors in the area that will do a full QT? Am getting rid of a few fish and picking up a pair of cardinals to replace but doesn’t quite make sense to pay QT price + shipping for only them. In the past I have ordered online but that was for 6+. Anyone that you guys would trust to dump straight into a disease free tank?

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seascape studio runs copper in some of their tanks and will hold fish if you want to ensure 35 days at therapeutic levels, but I'm not aware of any other treatments like prazi or general cure being administered. I've read The Corner Reef will do similar, but from my in store experience they promoted parasite maintenance using UV sterilizers. Good luck!

OP
OP
D

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Figured as much but thought I would check before doing the online thing again. Definitely want to QT but don’t really have the space and gear… would rather just pay the extra for it to be done! If I could walk into a LFS, select a fish to QT and and then pick it back up 30+ days later that would be pretty cool!

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I understand your concern, I just finished a long fallow period with 3 QT tanks and hope to avoid that situation in the future.

If it helps I placed two recent QT vendor orders, Dr. Reefs sent the wrong items by mistake which disappointing, I then tried Strikers Reef Keeping on eBay, made an offer on a baby Gem tang and was surprised he accepted. He had a well documented QT process and was quick to respond to questions.

I did QT fish from both vendors for a 2 week observation period w/no medication. I still have the Gem tang but nothing from Dr. Reefs, most of his order did not survive, the one that did terrorized my tank and had to be caught and given to a LFS.

OP
OP
D

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting! I have ordered from Dr.Reefs 2 times with a very good experience and was planning to do it again. Both times as a completely new reefer I was surprised at how easy it was to keep fish alive when they have no disease and virtually no losses on a 1-2 month old system.

Side note- Not sure if slash does group orders but if anyone is grabbing stuff from a QT vendor soon or want to jump in let me know!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back