New fish ideas

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank. I have a while tail tang, Fiji foxface, blue sided, cleaner wrasse.
Those are in qt right sense they got sick and forever will qt new fish I get.
I want to add like 2-3 more fish.
I need ideas. I want mandarins not sure how they will act with my white tail tang.
looking at more wrasses even.
If you have any suggestions please feel free to share.
PS: reef safe
IMG_3975.jpeg

Snowxcross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank. I have a while tail tang, Fiji foxface, blue sided, cleaner wrasse.
Those are in qt right sense they got sick and forever will qt new fish I get.
I want to add like 2-3 more fish.
I need ideas. I want mandarins not sure how they will act with my white tail tang.
looking at more wrasses even.
If you have any suggestions please feel free to share.
IMG_3975.jpeg
Anthias's are nice and will give you good color. Grey head or malenarous wrasse are great for pests and fun to watch without getting too big. Fairy wrasse are nice colors too, also blennys are fun.

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias's are nice and will give you good color. Grey head or malenarous wrasse are great for pests and fun to watch without getting too big. Fairy wrasse are nice colors too, also blennys are fun.
I don’t think malenarous wrasses are reef safe is why I haven’t added one. Anthias are nice. That could be an option. But they are a bit picky food eaters.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They w
I don’t think malenarous wrasses are reef safe is why I haven’t added one. Anthias are nice. That could be an option. But they are a bit picky food eaters.
They won't eat coral but inverts

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would vote for more smaller fairy or flasher wrasses and perhaps a Red Lined Wrasse (Biocellatus) instead of Melanurus. Much nicer and stays smaller. Good for coral pest control. Just use an acclimation box and introduce more than one at a time if you can. I have a mix of 5 wrasses in my 4ft tank, and they all do fine with eachother.

Another very beautiful and fun fish to watch is an Elongate Dottyback (captive bred from ORA. The colors are awesome, it’s extremely peaceful, and has a fun personality. No aggression toward anything compared to other Dottybacks. The online photos don’t do the colors justice.

Midas Blenny might be another fun addition for you, though they can get territorial in smaller tanks and yours is on the edge of that size.

Flame Hawk is also a great addition if you put it in last, amazing personality, usually not aggressive if added last, but may take out your peppermint shrimp… less likely than the Melanurus in my experience though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back