Anybody Beat acro white bugs long term?

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this go? I’m experiencing the same issues with some of my sps and have interceptor on its way!
I went through all three treatments with no negative side effects and within several week all of my Acros began to rebound. Several months down the line and I ran into a separate bacterial issue and my tank took a dive again, and is now bouncing back very nicely after treatment with broad spectrum antibiotics. I now keep Interceptor at the ready.

Attachments

• IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 78

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good news! I just ordered it today and hopefully it’s here soon. I’m sure I’ll lose at least two sps frags but the other 4 should make it I hope!

Gorgeous tank!

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through all three treatments with no negative side effects and within several week all of my Acros began to rebound. Several months down the line and I ran into a separate bacterial issue and my tank took a dive again, and is now bouncing back very nicely after treatment with broad spectrum antibiotics. I now keep Interceptor at the ready.
Hi,

What dosage did you do? treatments 1 week apart? Did you do any water changes?

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I used two large pills for about 300 total gallons of water volume. 7 Days apart, 3 treatments. 20% water change and carbon/skimming back on about 36 hrs after each treatment.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting my treatment today. 1/4th of a green pill will treat my 20g tank (16g vol). Uv is off and I don’t have carbon at the moment but I will use it after treatment. I plan to do 3 treatments over the course of 3 weeks with 25% water change afterwards

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jessezm how did your pills look? I just got mine in and they look like a beef tablet.

I order pill form and instead got interceptor spectrum. I do see other have used it to its same effectiveness but was just curious with yours.
07B1512D-B690-4AFF-9156-334DF0DBD0E2.jpeg
AB50540A-6C6A-4A8E-84B9-080A00DC548B.jpeg

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read so many different things, did You do a water change after each treatment or just the third one? And how long did you wait to turn your skimmer back on?

chris_pull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How quickly did you guys see the white pods dying? I'm six hours into a treatment and I can still them them on my acros.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally the bugs will be seen on the coral for a while. The next day they should all be dead and let go of the colony. I am always happy when people get the nerve to treat with interceptor. Such a great tool! I found them in a friends tank and interceptor worked well.

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Got red and white bugs on some frags and I’ve got some larger colonies in my display. It stands to reason that the whole tank is infected. My question is do these bugs starve out? Do they only eat acros? I don’t really want to sacrifice my inverts and pods. I can still remove all of my acros to treat in a separate tank. So I’d do a treatment in a smaller tank while letting them starve out in the display. Thoughts?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back