Anybody else annoyed by too much polyp extention?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ValorG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ValorG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
Location
Valley Stream, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I may be on this boat alone...but yeah does too much polyp extension annoy you guys sometimes? I only see threads on how to get more PE. I'll buy something I like from the lfs, get it home and the next day there's polyps everywhere and is blocking the base/corallite colors which is the reason I bought the acro in the first place. It's usually the brown/green polyps too, nothing nice in color. -___________-*
 
Get a dwarf angel and your PE will be gone. :)

I like good PE on my corals. The base colors don't always last once it's grown into a full colony anyway.
 
Get a dwarf angel and your PE will be gone. :)

I like good PE on my corals. The base colors don't always last once it's grown into a full colony anyway.

I was just about to say that my lemonpeel really helps to mitigate any excessive poly extension problem.
 
Yeah, I definitely don't have this problem. Could be my emperor, although I remember not having much pe before I got him
 
I only have this problem with my baby blue Milli. The polyps are as brown as brown can be, but the zooax is sky blue. With the polyps on a Milli so close its hard to see the blue at times.
 
Just look at this.... The brown polyps completely trash it!
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1401162366539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401162366539.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 340
No way!! LOL!
 
i love PE, ! we have a millie that the Polyps are almost 3/4" long. its soooooooo shaggy :) thats the Rouge millie. and we have a few other millies like that as well. But only 1/4-`1/2" long.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new