Anybody with a coral only tank?

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon mixed reef tank with 2 clowns who I don't believe are or will pair. I have some Lps, mushrooms and a digitata montipora which is the only sps coral that has thrived in my tank. And cuc of course. All water paramiters are stable. Phosphates .25 or less nitrates around 25-34. I'd like to get them lower cause I think this is why I can't keep sps. but have been having a hard time. I have a big passion for coral only got the clowns for kids. I'll have to upgrade tank if I keep them but I don't even want them. Would adopting them help with nutrients? Would coral be fine if I feed them. I'd still keep clean up crew right. Is coral only tank even a thing and is this logical or am i missing something.

16294160744336416885972452924757.jpg

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

I'd work on getting the po4 down also, shoot for .1 and acros will be happy. No3 shoot for 10-15 and lps and acros will be happy. You can get away with 2 clowns in a 10 gallon.

How old is the tank what type of filtration do you have if any and how much and what type of food do you feed the clowns and how often do you feed?

You can definitely have two clowns and a tank full of coral and have the appropriate nutrient levels in a 10 gallon. I have two cousins that have 10 gallons with two clowns and they both have LPS and SPS in the tank.

OP
OP
Clowns-corals-cats

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about 6 months old with a fluval 20 for filtration. Had a skimmer but can't figure it out. I was feeding them frozen brine but stopped cause they prefer flakes so now flakes 3 yes a day they won't eat pellets either. Thanks for the reply

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back