Anyone’s experience with the accuracy of the seneye tem, ph & ammonia test sensor ?!

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
I’m wondering if anyone can give me any experience they’ve had with the seneye sensor reef tester. Are the tests accuracy any good? I’m cycling today day 1 a new Red Sea nano. It’ll come in handy if it’s actually any good. So far I’m tsmaking it back as the slide says expired and the temp is 2 1/2 degrees lower than my digital tester. Big difference!

image.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
I’m wondering if anyone can give me any experience they’ve had with the seneye sensor reef tester. Are the tests accuracy any good? I’m cycling today day 1 a new Red Sea nano. It’ll come in handy if it’s actually any good. So far I’m tsmaking it back as the slide says expired and the temp is 2 1/2 degrees lower than my digital tester. Big difference!

image.jpg
As with any of these electronic gadgets- and any sensors for that matter they are there to serve as guidance and as an aid to your reef keeping :)

With the Seneye; I am using it as only one of four sources of temperature input on my tank (along with Apex and 2 x Inkbird controllers). When determining the actual temperature of the tank; i'd take the average of all my sensors (plus the portable thermometer I have) and calibrate basis that.

For pH, it gives you a good trend and closely follows my Apex probe and for ammonia; it's hard to say whether it's precise or not. I would trust it over an API test kit for sure but you can never trust anything 100% without verifying :)

I bought the Seneye used as a budget PAR meter. The rest of the above is a bonus for me! :)

What main use do you want from it?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

image.jpg

My experience is that you need to calibrate the temp sensor.

The pH sensor is accurate enough - keeping in mind it drifts as the slide ages.

The ammonia sensor is very accurate and is great when running a Quarantine tank.

Don't forget a new slide takes 2-3 days to settle.

OP
OP
vienna

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As with any of these electronic gadgets- and any sensors for that matter they are there to serve as guidance and as an aid to your reef keeping :)

With the Seneye; I am using it as only one of four sources of temperature input on my tank (along with Apex and 2 x Inkbird controllers). When determining the actual temperature of the tank; i'd take the average of all my sensors (plus the portable thermometer I have) and calibrate basis that.

For pH, it gives you a good trend and closely follows my Apex probe and for ammonia; it's hard to say whether it's precise or not. I would trust it over an API test kit for sure but you can never trust anything 100% without verifying :)

I bought the Seneye used as a budget PAR meter. The rest of the above is a bonus for me! :)

What main use do you want from it?
Cool. Thanks for your reply . I’ve noticed the temp on the system is around 2 degrees lower than my 2 digital testers which is off putting I mainly want it for ammonia while cycling a new tank ph of course and the rest is bonus.

OP
OP
vienna

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is that you need to calibrate the temp sensor.

The pH sensor is accurate enough - keeping in mind it drifts as the slide ages.

The ammonia sensor is very accurate and is great when running a Quarantine tank.

Don't forget a new slide takes 2-3 days to settle.
Aha. How do I calibrate the temp ? I’ll google that 1.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back