Anyone bought direct from Oceanbox Designs?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This isn’t a criticism yet, and I am admittedly a little premature with my concerns, but has anyone bought anything directly from Oceanbox Designs? If so, how was your experience?

A few weeks ago I found a frag tank on one of their old cached web pages. I emailed them asking if they were still for sale but received no response. I put this down to either my email getting lost or them being too busy to reply to a query about something that wasn’t on their website, and subsequently placed an order for a couple of their glo frag racks.

Again, to be fair to them, they do have warnings on their website about shipping/production delays but the frag rack page specifically says ‘backordered - typically ships in 5-7 days’. With 9 days having now passed, and having had no interaction with a human, I emailed them this morning requesting an update and have yet to receive a response.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I be starting to worry? I will clearly give them a few days to respond or ship my frag racks but I was just curious if this is normal for them.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just to update this.

I did receive a reply and an apology for the delay. Apparently they are just really busy.

They have told me that my frag rack has now shipped so hopefully all is good :)

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update this.

I did receive a reply and an apology for the delay. Apparently they are just really busy.

They have told me that my frag rack has now shipped so hopefully all is good :)
I actually just went directly through them. I received the rack today and I had to email after a week to see when it's ship. I never got a response but my order shipped right after the email I sent.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back