Anyone Bought from Custom Aquariums?

MikeJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a 350gal glass tank made. Has anyone worked with Custom Aquariums? I believe they are a distributor or associated directly with Lifetime Aquariums.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A year ago, when I was researching my new tank, Custom Aquariums was on my short list. My tank design was rimless, with a beveled and polished glass edge. The glass CA wanted to use was a bit thinner than Planet Aquarium, and I like the thick glass look, so I went that way, but it could have gone either way. I have to say, their salesman was easy to deal with, and their prices pretty darned good. I did buy a pair of H2Overflows and a pair of Siphon Stopper returns from CA. I like the H2overflows very much. Not so much on the returns. I had to alter them quite a bit to get them to work for me.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are a couple member builds that have aquariums built by CustomAquariums.

@hatfielj - 187g SPS Build
@bean2986 - Bryan's 180g CustomAquariums Build

From other threads I've seen their work seems to be fairly good for the pricing. Anyone buying from CustomAquariums shouldn't be expecting to beat a tank from AGE or Reef Savvy in overall quality but they certainly look very robust compared to the standard mass produced aquariums offered in the hobby.

billy joe ferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at there outlet store yesterday here in Wisconsion. Picked up a H20 overflow kit and wound up buying a 180 Tank had a small blimish in the cornor of the tank. Could not see it. Good stuff. They are very picky on what they send out.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are located here in WI and the local fish stores carry them so I have seen a few. Very nice and very well built.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6’ x 2’ x 19” rimmed Custom Aquariums tank I got a little over a year ago. Nice tank and no issues. It was the most tank/stand I could find for the money, and delivery was free. I went with a Shadow overflow instead of their overflow. I’ve been well-pleased so far.

billy joe ferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am friends with a couple of the Techs there. I will tell you this in all honesty. They are very picky. I was looking at some of the tanks they rejected and started fresh with. To be honest a 180 is sitting in my Living room right now getting set up that I picked up this week.
Havn't tried thier sumps but know a couple LFS that use them and have no issues.

KrustyKrab305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a 350gal glass tank made. Has anyone worked with Custom Aquariums? I believe they are a distributor or associated directly with Lifetime Aquariums.
After seeing several YouTube videos of their facility I decided to get a quote this week for a 110gal 48x24x24. So far they have responded fairly quickly to my request and very professional. The price is good compared to a quote I received from Reef Savvy. I'm sure the quality may not be the same but a noticeable difference in price.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much thought (more thought, and ‘re-thought’) I recently bought one of their seamless sumps. I decided the versatility to design one’s own system was rather unmatched—not to mention you can tell the tubs are indestructible. Mine is a bottom-drilled tank, and so I have my drains draining down into a plain 21” long tub, which holds a recirculating protein skimmer (the way to go,) and the return pump. Now I have purchased a second 21” tub, which will be connected to the right, and will hold media reactors. Before too long I will order a third (and final) 21” tub, plumbed in tandem, to hold a large algae scrubber that I made from about $20.00 worth of pvc materials (not counting the light, of course). The algae scrubber will actually stand inside the third tub as it doubles as a refugium. I will try to post a photo or two before long, as a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
78B15A55-9F2F-4BF0-BB24-AA69FA923AAB.jpeg

Greetings: I did in fact get the 3rd tub, and I’m still happy with them. I didn’t think I’d want a filter sock, so I didn’t get the filter sock tub (which would have been placed in the #1 position, directly from the drain), but I think I would have liked it, now that I think of it. I had my BRS reactors inside the tubs, but currently I have them sitting outside the tubs.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back