Anyone carry corals on planes recently?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,698
Reaction score
80,609
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that TSA allows them in their own containers, probably sized within reason. I actually have a "TSA compliant" frag container already. Just wondering what kind of process people used to bring them as carry-ons. Inform the airline ahead of time? Just show up with the container and show TSA/let them check and test the water? Any problems with the airlines letting you on the plane with them? Presumably they should be inside your "personal bag" or carry-on bag, lest they decide to gate check your coral (yes, I buy the cheap seats)!

Thanks!

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/live-fishhttps://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/live-coral
 
I’ve flown back from Hawaii with live tropical fish/inverts in an ice chest, checked in the pet compartment of an Alaska airlines flight!

That was an ADVENTURE! (Though it was also back in like 2016-ish…)

Edit: I’m going to be in Ohio during mid-June… I’m very curious about current protocols for flying with livestock!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new