Anyone deconstructed a factory stand?

twistedfinn967

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
501
Reaction score
175
Location
N.E. Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be upgrading to a 120g (4x2x2) by the end of the year. The only issue is that I want a taller stand than what comes from the factory (the pine ones). I'd rather not build an overkill stand out of 2x's if I don't have too.

Anyone have plans or a source for doing this?

Thanks
 
Then make a pedestal for it. I made my stand out of 3/4 ply and 1" mahogany and made sure my corners and edges were braced right to the floor.
 
Then make a pedestal for it. I made my stand out of 3/4 ply and 1" mahogany and made sure my corners and edges were braced right to the floor.
What do you mean by "pedestal"? I still want/need a functional underside for the sump and stuff.
 
Make a simple box under the factory cabinet to the the factory cabinet some more height
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new