Anyone Dosing Flatworm Stop

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am. A few weeks now. I can’t say, for sure, that it’s responsible, but my frags that have been dormant for weeks are encrusting their bases now. I don’t think that it can hurt anything, so I’d give it a try to see if it does anything for you.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will provide a little healthier thicker flesh and they will slime up much easier which imo means they are healthier. Just what I saw when I used a double dose of it for a year to get rid of aefw. I was thinking about trying wormwood to see if it gives the same results since people are treating their tanks with it just like I did fws.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will provide a little healthier thicker flesh and they will slime up much easier which imo means they are healthier. Just what I saw when I used a double dose of it for a year to get rid of aefw. I was thinking about trying wormwood to see if it gives the same results since people are treating their tanks with it just like I did fws.

Has anyone determined what, exactly, it’s doing to cause better health in corals? My main concern is that it’s costing the coral energy...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, why would you dose something like flatworm stop (or exit) in the absence of actually having flatworms? Seems both pointless, and potentially problematic.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, why would you dose something like flatworm stop (or exit) in the absence of actually having flatworms? Seems both pointless, and potentially problematic.

It doesn’t affect the worms, it affects the coral, in some positive way, to fend off the worms. It seems to stimulate growth and better slime coat, which helps the coral repair damage faster and fend off new attacks.

It sounds like magic, but sure enough, my dormant frags are growing, for whatever reason.

Edit: Another potential benefit would be to prevent an outbreak of AEFW if you are actively adding corals to your tank.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some this week. I’m switching to zeovit. Excited to try it! The description of flatworm stop sounds magical and a few very successful members on here highly recommended it with pics to prove the results. I don’t have flatworms.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have not seen anyone have issues with dosing this product. Someone told me they saw negative effects when stopping dosing all at once but I was using double doses and quit all in one day and never noticed anything. I don’t see what it could cause that’s negative anyways.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I started with the full dose right away. Then went to a double shortly after. I think I might pick a large bottle up again as well.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this? Is it reed safe to include inverts? I have some flatworms and not sure if that’s what’s killing my corals.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I started with the full dose right away. Then went to a double shortly after. I think I might pick a large bottle up again as well.
I've been using this for about a month now and definitely seeing a difference in growth, what time of day do you dose I've never been able to find the "right" time I do this and coral booster at night but curious if it should be during the day.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using this for about a month now and definitely seeing a difference in growth, what time of day do you dose I've never been able to find the "right" time I do this and coral booster at night but curious if it should be during the day.
I have but it seems lps doesn’t like it that much but sps do

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back