Anyone else’s watchman goby just really bad at eating?

TSM Aquatics

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Have you ever seen one of those funny videos of a dog trying to catch a ball but his reaction is so slow he totally misses it or he goes for it in totally the wrong direction? That’s basically how my YWG eats. I’m not worried about him eating enough but I feel like I’m over feeding just to make sure he gets a little bit of food. It doesn’t help that all the other fish in my tank are pro ball players catching every morsel of food before he gets a chance to eat. Is this normal or is it possible that my YWG might be going blind or is some kind of ****? Any tips on how to help him out?

Avast

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Have you ever seen one of those funny videos of a dog trying to catch a ball but his reaction is so slow he totally misses it or he goes for it in totally the wrong direction? That’s basically how my YWG eats. I’m not worried about him eating enough but I feel like I’m over feeding just to make sure he gets a little bit of food. It doesn’t help that all the other fish in my tank are pro ball players catching every morsel of food before he gets a chance to eat. Is this normal or is it possible that my YWG might be going blind or is some kind of ****? Any tips on how to help him out?
Mine used to be the same way. I would shoot a nice chunk of something meaty into her burrow and she would grab it and drag it on down. Fat and happy that way!

TSM Aquatics

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 143 42.2%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 31 9.1%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 146 43.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 2.9%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls