Allow myself to introduce myself.

POMO

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
41
Location
west palm
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a small service/retail business here in Lake Park Florida.
My goal is not money, (although I have to have enough to keep the lights on) but to keep the amazing animals as safe and as happy as possible, and to spread awareness about our oceans.

To be honest, I’d prefer to not have any wild caught animals at all, but I know that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.
I’ve been in the industry since 18yrs old and I’m now 47. I’ve seen a lot of horrible conditions and animals treated with only $$$ as the priority. So I have a love/hate relationship with the industry. I have to do what I love in life, so I justify doing it to help these critters as much as I possibly can.

On a more positive note, there are more and more companies like O.R.A. that are working towards 100% captive bred critters.

I’m a one man show and am constantly learning and improving. I don’t know everything, but I’ve been around and would be glad to help in any way!

So please, feel free to reach out!

So, bla bla bla yap yap yap!

Happy to be a part of the community!

Thanks!
Marshall Stephens
Private Oceans Aquariums
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello,
I have a small service/retail business here in Lake Park Florida.
My goal is not money, (although I have to have enough to keep the lights on) but to keep the amazing animals as safe and as happy as possible, and to spread awareness about our oceans.

To be honest, I’d prefer to not have any wild caught animals at all, but I know that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.
I’ve been in the industry since 18yrs old and I’m now 47. I’ve seen a lot of horrible conditions and animals treated with only $$$ as the priority. So I have a love/hate relationship with the industry. I have to do what I love in life, so I justify doing it to help these critters as much as I possibly can.

On a more positive note, there are more and more companies like O.R.A. that are working towards 100% captive bred critters.

I’m a one man show and am constantly learning and improving. I don’t know everything, but I’ve been around and would be glad to help in any way!

So please, feel free to reach out!

So, bla bla bla yap yap yap!

Happy to be a part of the community!

Thanks!
Marshall Stephens
Private Oceans Aquariums
Hello and welcome to R2R! I agree whole heartedly about captive breeding, I hope that can become the standard of practice. Most, but not all of my tanks inhabitants are captive bred. And what is not, I only purchase in person from a very conscientious store owner who knows where his stock is coming from, and how it is caught.
 
Welcome to R2R!
austin-powers-introduce-myself.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new