Allow myself to introduce myself.

POMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a small service/retail business here in Lake Park Florida.
My goal is not money, (although I have to have enough to keep the lights on) but to keep the amazing animals as safe and as happy as possible, and to spread awareness about our oceans.

To be honest, I’d prefer to not have any wild caught animals at all, but I know that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.
I’ve been in the industry since 18yrs old and I’m now 47. I’ve seen a lot of horrible conditions and animals treated with only $$$ as the priority. So I have a love/hate relationship with the industry. I have to do what I love in life, so I justify doing it to help these critters as much as I possibly can.

On a more positive note, there are more and more companies like O.R.A. that are working towards 100% captive bred critters.

I’m a one man show and am constantly learning and improving. I don’t know everything, but I’ve been around and would be glad to help in any way!

So please, feel free to reach out!

So, bla bla bla yap yap yap!

Happy to be a part of the community!

Thanks!
Marshall Stephens
Private Oceans Aquariums

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a small service/retail business here in Lake Park Florida.
My goal is not money, (although I have to have enough to keep the lights on) but to keep the amazing animals as safe and as happy as possible, and to spread awareness about our oceans.

To be honest, I’d prefer to not have any wild caught animals at all, but I know that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.
I’ve been in the industry since 18yrs old and I’m now 47. I’ve seen a lot of horrible conditions and animals treated with only $$$ as the priority. So I have a love/hate relationship with the industry. I have to do what I love in life, so I justify doing it to help these critters as much as I possibly can.

On a more positive note, there are more and more companies like O.R.A. that are working towards 100% captive bred critters.

I’m a one man show and am constantly learning and improving. I don’t know everything, but I’ve been around and would be glad to help in any way!

So please, feel free to reach out!

So, bla bla bla yap yap yap!

Happy to be a part of the community!

Thanks!
Marshall Stephens
Private Oceans Aquariums
Hello and welcome to R2R! I agree whole heartedly about captive breeding, I hope that can become the standard of practice. Most, but not all of my tanks inhabitants are captive bred. And what is not, I only purchase in person from a very conscientious store owner who knows where his stock is coming from, and how it is caught.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back