Anyone else’s wrasse like Nori?

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a leopard and a rhomboid wrasse and they make my square tail bristle tooth tang look mildly interested in the stuff. The tang literally just sits back and picks up the scraps as the wrasse rip the sheet to pieces in minutes. I always thought they only ate meaty foods but these guys are nori fiends. I can’t be the only one anyone else’s love the stuff?

tnc112105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanurus wrasse is the first one to the nori in my tank. Usually makes quite a mess of the place while he's thrashing around tearing pieces off. Like you, the fox face and tang clean up the scraps floating in the water column after he does all the heavy lifting

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not uncommon - most of them will eat it, especially if it has any sort of additives that make it smell good to them.
And sometimes, it's just a "monkey see, monkey do" when they see other fish eating it.

OP
OP
SCReef'n

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not uncommon - most of them will eat it, especially if it has any sort of additives that make it smell good to them.
And sometimes, it's just a "monkey see, monkey do" when they see other fish eating it.
I’m just always amazed at the voracity they go at it with. Amazing fish

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back