Anyone Else Caught in Production Delays?

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else out there trying to get their tank up and running but having trouble getting the gear (new or used) that they want to get started?

No Alkatronics or Dosetronics to be found new or used (the used ones go FAST)...

Just got word that the lights I wanted (2 more Hamilton Cozumel Sun pendants) are delayed until end of September or longer...

Also, tank builder hasn't gotten supplies in yet for my custom, so who knows when the tank itself will even be ready...

I know this is a hobby, and this is definitely first-world whining when you look at all the chaos and craziness going on in the world, but it's just a bummer when you fork over a bunch of your savings, get all excited, and then can't even get moving because of events out of your control.

Anyone else feelin me on this?

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be callous, but that's basically life right now. I've been trying to get a video card for my wife's computer since October. For a lot of the orders I'm taking from my customers, anything from 50-75% of what they wanted to order is out of stock and won't be back in stock before it's obsolete until next year (Halloween-themed items in November don't tend to sell very well). Lumber prices were up over 300%.

Hurry up and wait, or compromise with what you'd like, are the laws of the land right now. Until people feel comfortable enough to go back to work at full capacity (and for quite some time after that), shortages and delays will just be what happens.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to be callous, but that's basically life right now. I've been trying to get a video card for my wife's computer since October. For a lot of the orders I'm taking from my customers, anything from 50-75% of what they wanted to order is out of stock and won't be back in stock before it's obsolete until next year (Halloween-themed items in November don't tend to sell very well). Lumber prices were up over 300%.

Hurry up and wait, or compromise with what you'd like, are the laws of the land right now. Until people feel comfortable enough to go back to work at full capacity (and for quite some time after that), shortages and delays will just be what happens.
Agreed , your best bet is to spend a little more and get a pre built computer , still wait time and a bit more money but at least it's something. Got a 3060 ti 3 weeks ago only a couple week wait time

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed , your best bet is to spend a little more and get a pre built computer , still wait time and a bit more money but at least it's something. Got a 3060 ti 3 weeks ago only a couple week wait time

She actually already has a computer with an RTX 2070 in it, so we're not in any huge rush. The Newegg Shuffle has actually been pretty decent - we got an upgrade to her CPU from it not too long ago, and we actually had a chance to buy both a 6900 XT and an RTX 3080 TI over the past couple of months... but she couldn't bring herself to say 'yes' to a $2,000 video card. =) I'd have pulled the trigger if she told me to, but just like I can't bring myself to buy a coral over $200, she can't say yes to a video card over $1,500.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just check out lumber prices now vs 2 years ago. Everything is more expensive and harder to find.

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yikes, yeah computer components are so bad too.

I'm also one of the unfortunate souls who's going to be forced into the used car market soon. Check out prices lately? Insanity. 2014 Honda Accord w/ 90K on the odo, $17,000! 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT (so V6, not even a good V8 one) w/ 72K, $19,000! Looks like it's gonna be the bicycle for me for awhile :confused:.

It's not callous, just reality. Just goes to show how much we've taken for granted both in and out of the hobby.

Again, it could def be worse for sure, just never would've thought that I'd miss being on a 30-60 waitlist versus, "maybe by 2022"... Crossing my fingers for the human race to start catching a break in the next year.

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for materials needed for a couple other builds, not this hobby. Went for 20 weeks out to over 40 weeks when that ship hit the sand bar. And that does not count for the machining time after materials arrive. Everything has been affected.

Back