Anyone else have hand cleaning goby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dedragon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
6,900
Reaction score
4,943
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like this might not be discussed at all. I have a pair of ORA captive bred blue neon goby (Elactinus oceanops) and one in particular always come up to my hand like cleaner shrimp to what i presume nibble off, what I think is dead skin or to them maybe looks like parasites. Any one else have this going on?
 
I order these guys whenever possible at work, they’re so full of personality. I don’t think I’ve met one yet that won’t clean a hand once they’re comfortable in the tank, if given the opportunity. They usually are also very interactive at the glass with people due to trying to clean the hands
 
I feel like this might not be discussed at all. I have a pair of ORA captive bred blue neon goby (Elactinus oceanops) and one in particular always come up to my hand like cleaner shrimp to what i presume nibble off, what I think is dead skin or to them maybe looks like parasites. Any one else have this going on?
I’ve found this with most of the Elacatinus species. I think the only one I haven’t had this occur with was Elacatinus puncticulatus.
 
Older post but boy, do I love these guys! I have a newer pair, in addition to singles in two other tanks, and the pair are always together on the front glass. The smaller one is a little aggressive with trying to clean the other fish but he loves to jump on my arm if I’m working in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new