Anyone else have issues with FedEx or am I cursed?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had so many issues with FedEx Priority overnight in the last several months. I've had 4 fish shipments. 2 were Very late (3PM and 7PM), next one was a day late (3 yellow tangs, all made it alive), now a group of 5 Bimac Anthias that they're saying is going to be tomorrow instead of today. So frustrating. These are expensive, quarantined and conditioned fish. I've also had 3 work packages be a day late in the last couple months (nothing alive, but needed for customer visits and demo's). They are still suspending their arrival guarantee, so you can't even get your shipping $$$ back as a vendor. What's the incentive to do the job right? A little venting, but also want to know if I'm alone. I'm like a 3.5 hr drive from Memphis, where the package has been sitting since midnight last night. Not an option for me to go get it they say. Argggggh!!

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fedex is garbage. They left 3 hydra 64hds in the rain at the bottom of my driveway. The front porch has an overhang and wouldve kept everything dry but nope, lazy **** left it where it got drenched and couldve been stolen.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
they’re garbage,
delayed multiple guaranteed by noon shipments,
yet they still keep providing noon delivery services and charge the up charge for it!

utterly trash company

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cursed, you should not have explored that ancient tomb in the desert.

In all seriousness I have ordered a ton of stuff through FedEx while standing up my tank the last few months. The only total cluster wasn’t their fault but the weather’s and I should’ve seen it coming

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends where you live
enchanted kingdom earth GIF by BBC America

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered 35lbs live rock from gulf live rock using fedex and 6lbs fuge live rock from salty bottom using ups.

Ordered both last Wed. UPS delivered at like 8am Thursday

Fed ex...well...let's hope for this Monday. I'm hoping it doesn't stink too much to keep in the apartment.

Both were due Thursday btw

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They continue to fail. I had one DOA in that group of Bimacs (a female). I had to pay shipping on the replacement so added another. Guess what? That package was a day late and I had one DOA in that box. I had begged not to use FedEx, but supplier wanted to. He's paying shipping now on the third replacement shipment.

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They continue to fail. I had one DOA in that group of Bimacs (a female). I had to pay shipping on the replacement so added another. Guess what? That package was a day late and I had one DOA in that box. I had begged not to use FedEx, but supplier wanted to. He's paying shipping now on the third replacement shipment.
You shouldn't have had to pay for the first replacement!

So the owner of gulf live rock called me today to tell me I'll be getting a replacement next week...good business!
We're guessing fedex lost it.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have had to pay for the first replacement!

So the owner of gulf live rock called me today to tell me I'll be getting a replacement next week...good business!
We're guessing fedex lost it.
He gave the replacement fish for free, I paid shipping. It's not unusual. I've had coral vendors ship out free replacements and not charge shipping, but for hard to find, conditioned and quarantined fish it's not unreasonable. He's shipping me the replacement for the replacement and not charging shipping.

afk-47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx has been dropping the ball lately. I had a package go "missing" with them once, they tried to blame me, customer service is outsourced and useless. Needless to say, it took 3.5 weeks for the package to kinda make it to me and then back to the seller while FedEx never had a clue where it was the whole time.

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel ya. I would rant about it, but it’s all been said by everyone else.
I’ve switched back to shopping local because of shipping issues combined with the fact that sellers only offer one shipper.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had issues with all of the shipping companies. Even the overnight, by 10:30 ones. Especially in the last year or so.
With the shear volume of packages, it is what it is.
It's how the vendor treats you afterwards.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order a ton online and just about every package even with early delivery will arrive after their scheduled time by several hours. I’m hoping this isn’t the case today!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back