Anyone else have this problem??

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a terrible addiction to fish keeping. I'm new to salt but have had freshwater for few years. Planted tank and all. Well I have noticed my problem is if I wake up in the middle of the night like tonight which it is 2am in Florida. I want to turn my tank lights on and sit Infront of the tank watching everything lol. Does anybody struggle with this problem??

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do on my Friday.... I work an afternoon shift so I get home usually around 3 am. I have many times turned the lights on so I can enjoy the tank for a while before I go to bed...

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work all day so I'm not home. I only get to see my tank for maybe 3 hours a day :( I only really get to sit Infront of it with my nose to the glass on my off days.

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work day shift sunday-thur but I start 8am until finish so somedays we get off at 430 or 7pm at night and my tank lights don't come in until 1030am so I can't enjoy it before I go to work and if I get off late my lights shut off soon after I'm home :(

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or program some "moon lighting".
I run a "moonlight" from 1 am to 330 am so when I get home I can check on things in the tank.

Not bright enough to see things fully open like daylight, but enough to see anything that has been knocked over so I can replace them.

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AI prime but cannot figure out how to do moonlight. And I wanted to post that does the moonlight affect the fishes sleep cycle because I have always done even with my freshwater tanks like 10 hours on and the rest pitch black no lights nothing. So will that moonlight affect the fish sleeping or my corals? And I have started making my day lightning longer letting the corals adjust before making loner again.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AI prime but cannot figure out how to do moonlight. And I wanted to post that does the moonlight affect the fishes sleep cycle because I have always done even with my freshwater tanks like 10 hours on and the rest pitch black no lights nothing. So will that moonlight affect the fish sleeping or my corals? And I have started making my day lightning longer letting the corals adjust before making loner again.

I haven't seen any ill effects from running the "Moonlight" schedule. Some say that it can cause some species to spawn. I don't recall which ones they said offhand.

I can say that when I get home, my fish are still in their beds. So in my own tank, I would say no, the moonlight has no issues with the fish sleep cycles.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back