Anyone else having connection issues lately?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gael - my problems with this continue, and it's getting to the point where I'd consider the app almost unusable. The only solution that works is to reboot the profilux. After a reboot, I can connect using the app, and initially it works great - very responsive. But if I stop using the app for a few minutes and go back to it, the connection has been dropped and I have to reconnect. It goes on like this for a while until I can't connect at all, either from the app or from GHL Connect in a browser. I haven't done enough experimenting to figure out what I might be doing to get it to lock up. Other than connecting via the app from my iPhone, I also often connect using GHL Connect on two different laptops and an iPad.

So my questions are:
* How close is the fix you mentioned above to being released?

* In the meantime, is there anything I should avoid doing to prevent this from happening?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gael - my problems with this continue, and it's getting to the point where I'd consider the app almost unusable. The only solution that works is to reboot the profilux. After a reboot, I can connect using the app, and initially it works great - very responsive. But if I stop using the app for a few minutes and go back to it, the connection has been dropped and I have to reconnect. It goes on like this for a while until I can't connect at all, either from the app or from GHL Connect in a browser. I haven't done enough experimenting to figure out what I might be doing to get it to lock up. Other than connecting via the app from my iPhone, I also often connect using GHL Connect on two different laptops and an iPad.

So my questions are:
* How close is the fix you mentioned above to being released?

* In the meantime, is there anything I should avoid doing to prevent this from happening?
Hello Dave,

I thought I was clear in my explanations, sorry.
With the update it will be possible to choose the protocol used for LOCAL connections (Websocket or TCP) as well as the port (useful for clients doing port forwarding).
BUT the Websocket protocol will still not work on iOS with local connections, until the bug is fixed, only the TCP protocol will work. (Read again my previous messages about the bug).

If you use GHLConnect with a local connection on iOS please always close the app (and not just minimize it) when you move on. Otherwise, use GHLConnect with a myGHL connection instead.

Another possibility to get the best possible performance on iOS: Use the web interface on Safari.
(The web interface like GHLConnect via myGHL or the myGHL.com site uses a Websocket connection).

Gaël

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gael. Do you have an ETA for when the update will be released?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gael. Do you have an ETA for when the update will be released?
Hello,

It should be very soon.
The last beta I had in my hands suffered from a startup problem and so could not be released.
The beta I have in my hands now seems OK

Gaël

Corolling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the nearly the same issue. I’m an addict, and I’m in the app 50 times a day. Since the new change on the back end? I have to close the app down every time, and when I get connected it randomly says please wait.eventually it loads. If I “minimize” the app on iOS, it seems to close the connection and the app is cooked. I have to close it, then reconnect.

On my laptop, the performance is adequate, on iOS, it is very frustrating. Beyond frustrating. In my opinion, the local connection should be insanely fast. I but as it sits now, I cannot connect locally via iOS, I have to connect to the cloud.

It seems like there is one foot forward, and then 2 steps back. I really want GHL to be successful, but this is what pushes people to other controllers.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can no longer connect to my p4 using the local connection on my phone

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back