Anyone else having problems with time date settings on Eco tech versa dosing pumps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 19Mateo83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2023
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
2,370
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been running versus for close to two years now with no issues. I hooked up a third one today and on the Mobius app. I cannot get it to keep date and time settings to save my life. I have contacted customer support and they seem to be of no help. It keeps resetting my current date and time to somewhere in either the 60s or the 2100s. Anyway, I try it keeps resetting back. Has anyone else experience these issues? If so, any advice on getting it to hold date and time settings I get it supposed to.
 
Unfortunately the only fix is to buy a different product from a different company. Ecotech/aperture is aware of this issue but refuses to acknowledge it is even a problem. Instead they insist that “clock errors are normal”.
 
Have been using RS dosing system. Works so well! No complains. Wouldn’t trust Ecotech dosing whatsoever!
 
I ended up creating a whole new account and resetting my whole dosing schedule. We will see if this fixes the issue. Like I said, I’ve had two versas running flawlessly for the past two years, this today addition of a third has been the first issue. Fingers crossed this works.
 
Luckily, my doses are spread out evenly through the day, time and date are inconsequential unless it resets. If it holds a set time I’ll be ok but it would be nice if the dang things would hold a set time…..
 
Luckily, my doses are spread out evenly through the day, time and date are inconsequential unless it resets. If it holds a set time I’ll be ok but it would be nice if the dang things would hold a set time…..

I would be hard pressed to keep using something with such a know issue. Never know when it gets worse. Been running the RS 4 head unit for a while now. Love it. Does not miss a beat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new