Anyone Else In the Stock Market?

thunderdood

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2017
Messages
103
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else here trade/invest in the stock market? Any tips/strategies?
 
That sounds like real estate. I buy high and sell much higher in the stock market :)
 
Does anyone else here trade/invest in the stock market? Any tips/strategies?
Yes. I have been into 'Derivatives' trading since past 4 years. The best way is to make a base into any one of the best technical methods available in order to make consistent profits. I use 'Elliott Wave' analysis before taking any trades. Hope this helps. Thanks.
 
Yes. I have been into 'Derivatives' trading since past 4 years. The best way is to make a base into any one of the best technical methods available in order to make consistent profits. I use 'Elliott Wave' analysis before taking any trades. Hope this helps. Thanks.

I've been trading LEAPS options for the last 2 years with covered calls as a core strategy and have had great returns this year. I'll look into Elliot Wave it sounds interesting. I use Bollinger Bands, CCI, and CMF for my technical analysis.
 
I'm into a few clothing brands and expanding into tech later this year.
Tip #1 PAY ATTENTION, CLOSE ATTENTION
Tip #2 Don't do things on a whim. Study, Study, Study.
Tip #3 Get money ;Oldman
 
Just company stock options for stock market, but I recently gambled a few grand into crypto.
 
Just company stock options for stock market, but I recently gambled a few grand into crypto.
I bought some Bitcoin and Etherieum about 3 weeks ago. If you look at the chart you can almost tell the day I bought it!;Sorry
 
I bought some Bitcoin and Etherieum about 3 weeks ago. If you look at the chart you can almost tell the day I bought it!;Sorry

It'll turn around. A bunch of people are panic selling because Bitcoin is talking about a hard fork. I'm in Ethereum and Siacoin.
 
It'll turn around. A bunch of people are panic selling because Bitcoin is talking about a hard fork. I'm in Ethereum and Siacoin.
I sure hope so. I'm also the guy that bought Amazon a couple years ago at $360, watched it go to $250, and sold it when it got back to $360!!
 
My advice is to set your goals low.. try for 10% return max per year and design your portfolio with that in mind. If you go for more you may end up losing a lot more.
 
Yep. My 401k is in mutual funds and my general savings fund is in a S&P 500 index fund.

First, don't invest in anything you can't understand. If you can't understand how it works, it's too complicated.

Second, you can invest in the stock market without gambling. Unfortunately, "investor" and "speculator" have sort of become synonymous in the context of investment, especially since 2008. It is very easy to invest in calmer and less volatile mutual funds with the goal of long term grown, with very little risk involved. You're not going to be getting rich quick though. If that's your goal, go to a casino. You can only really have relative safety in the market if you go slow and thing long term.

Third, know that there are ups and downs in the market, and this is not a reason to panic and move to cash. Your investments will go down in value, but if you chose quality mutual funds they will recover. The funds I own lost 50% of their value by the bottom of the crisis in 2009. By the end of 2015, however, the value of these funds was about 60% higher than it was BEFORE the crisis. If you panic sell when the market drops, you lock in your losses. Be patient and wait for the market to recover. We have had several market panics in the past 40 years or so, and in every single case the market has recovered.

Fourth, don't ever relinquish control of your money to someone else. You should seek advice from a financial adviser if you need it, but never surrender control of your account to them. You need to have a complete understanding of how your money is invested. It's your money, after all. It means a lot more to you than it does to a stranger.

If you're just getting started on investing, I would look into mutual funds. Mutual funds contain a hundred or so different stocks from lots of different companies. When you buy a share of a mutual fund, you're buying a small part of all those companies inside the fund. By owning one share of a mutual fund, you've diversified your money over as many as 500 different companies. Go look at some actual funds on Fidelity or Vanguard's website. Look at what stocks are in the fund, the average annual return, what types of companies are in the fund (technology, healthcare, financial, etc). As with reefing, there's a lot to learn, so take it slow.

EDIT: sort of an addendum, invest with a long-term mindset. Don't be jumping in and out of funds or investments. Buy something, hold it, and let it go up in value. Trying to time the market or day trade is very difficult to do.
 
It'll turn around. A bunch of people are panic selling because Bitcoin is talking about a hard fork. I'm in Ethereum and Siacoin.
Bleh. So tired of people freaking out about forks. It's been the same thing for years.

as for OP: look into Bitcoin. In my experience, it's much less regulated and easier to predict if you stay up to date on it. Just don't fall victim when weak hands take profit. Always keep your eyes on the prize that is Bitcoin heading to the moon.
 
Bleh. So tired of people freaking out about forks. It's been the same thing for years.

as for OP: look into Bitcoin. In my experience, it's much less regulated and easier to predict if you stay up to date on it. Just don't fall victim when weak hands take profit. Always keep your eyes on the prize that is Bitcoin heading to the moon.

i.e. hodl ;)
 
It'll turn around. A bunch of people are panic selling because Bitcoin is talking about a hard fork. I'm in Ethereum and Siacoin.
As I write this Ethereum is under $200. Time to buy more?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new