Anyone Else In the Stock Market?

shiv123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coworker has thirty of them. He originally said years ago he's selling once they hit 10k but now he's being greedy I guess. I asked him what happens when they tank and he just laughed :confused:
He definitely must be a multi-millionaire by now. Overall, it's been an amazing journey for all those long term bitcoin holders. Good for them!! :)

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He definitely must be a multi-millionaire by now. Overall, it's been an amazing journey for all those long term bitcoin holders. Good for them!! :)

Not really, about 500k. After taxes and what not he can pay off his house but still have to work and I suspect that's why he's waiting.

shiv123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, about 500k. After taxes and what not he can pay off his house but still have to work and I suspect that's why he's waiting.
Ok ... Had he bought 100 instead of 30, his story would have been much better. But IFs and BUTs don't really matter in stock markets.

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have some suggestions on stocks to follow for beginners? I just started last year with Fidelity and been having some pretty bad luck on the 2 stocks I've invested in. Also @thunderdood, what is that youtube accounts that have helped you get started?
Thanks in advanced!

OP
OP
T

thunderdood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have some suggestions on stocks to follow for beginners? I just started last year with Fidelity and been having some pretty bad luck on the 2 stocks I've invested in. Also @thunderdood, what is that youtube accounts that have helped you get started?
Thanks in advanced!

Sent you a PM. Not sure if its okay to post that type of information.

OP
OP
T

thunderdood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks in advanced!

I really believe in the electronic transaction companies. V and MA. A little more risk is PYPL and SQ. I have positions in all 4 with nice gains.

What 2 stocks are you holding? If you don't mind me asking...

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really believe in the electronic transaction companies. V and MA. A little more risk is PYPL and SQ. I have positions in all 4 with nice gains.

What 2 stocks are you holding? If you don't mind me asking...
Thanks! I'll go do some research on them. Currently I am holding Matson & Target, bought both about a year ago when they had a slight crash hoping that it would go back up but its been slow to return.. Getting close to breaking even with Target again and would like to get out once I get my money back, a year wasted for me..

On the plus side, my 401K has been doing amazing but only if I had more money in there. Just started 2 years ago and my overall is 19% increase!

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am a Financial Advisor so I am definitely in the stock market, gotta remember the run we have been on. It won't last forever.

OP
OP
T

thunderdood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'll go do some research on them. Currently I am holding Matson & Target, bought both about a year ago when they had a slight crash hoping that it would go back up but its been slow to return.. Getting close to breaking even with Target again and would like to get out once I get my money back, a year wasted for me..

Target is tough since it's part of retail. Amazon and Home Depot are the only retail exposure I can handle.

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah.. I plan on getting out of those stocks asap and investing in something a little more stable, bad first time experience in stocks but I wont give up! My 401K is whats giving me the optimistic outlook on the stock market since its doing so well.

OP
OP
T

thunderdood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Financial Advisor so I am definitely in the stock market, gotta remember the run we have been on. It won't last forever.

What percentage cash position do you recommend staying in? I typically try to stay around 15%. Right now closer to 5% but with upcoming options set to expire it should be back around 20% within the next couple weeks.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What percentage cash position do you recommend staying in? I typically try to stay around 15%. Right now closer to 5% but with upcoming options set to expire it should be back around 20% within the next couple weeks.

It all depends on each individual, plus I shouldn't give advise on here. Sorry! Overall though, my team is definitely looking to take some risk off the table. Better to lose some upside then lose a lot on the downside.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back