Anyone else keeping a Chameleon Pachies

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral has always been a good eater and always seems happy but has not seemed to grow a whole lot. Anyone else keeping one and if so how is the growth for you?

1673574137969.png

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to look up : Acanthastrea pachysepta?

There were a thread on here (~last 6 months?) where a poster had provided a picture of multiple years of slow growth and the start to finish pictures were very motivating for encouraging acquisition of one. They mentioned that they were slow growing also. I decided to try a few and they are not growing as fast as perhaps perishing? I also picked up a few Wilsoni frags that have struggled to adapt but are slowly looking like they may be long term projects in my reef.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to look up : Acanthastrea pachysepta?

There were a thread on here (~last 6 months?) where a poster had provided a picture of multiple years of slow growth and the start to finish pictures were very motivating for encouraging acquisition of one. They mentioned that they were slow growing also. I decided to try a few and they are not growing as fast as perhaps perishing? I also picked up a few Wilsoni frags that have struggled to adapt but are slowly looking like they may be long term projects in my reef.
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. It seems to be having a race with my Oregon tort to see who can grow the slowest haha.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. It seems to be having a race with my Oregon tort to see who can grow the slowest haha.
Yeah, they are not the coral that most of us would choose for a 1 year grow out contest. They appear to be a long term project with a lot of rewards for those who keep them and enjoy slooooow changes. I like to broadcast feed my lps and I am not certain if I don't need to start targeting these to keep them really happy. I don't use phyto all that often and they might really enjoy a boatload of micro-drift food items vs. large chunks now and again? I don't honestly know how to feed these for aquarium growth success. Let's see what others have to say

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went back the the picture when I bought it, it has lost a lot of color:
20230112_204924.png

Of course Aquasd keeps higher ALK than me almost makes me think I should increase alk some to try to get more color out of it?

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got one a couple of weeks ago. The deal was too good to pass up, and it's been on my wish list since the first time I saw the Reef Builders article. Sadly, it does not have a whole lot of color in person.

It will eat anything I give it. I'm looking forward to seeing what it becomes.

Attachments

• Chameleon Pachy.jpg
    Chameleon Pachy.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 8

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back