Anyone enjoy woodworking?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow is that in your home or (building home etc). Those are really nice. I can’t do wood working at all but I can throw good pottery:). Probably not even close to the same creative wise but those are neat shelves.

Good morning

This is for a counseling centers reception area in a friends wife and mother in-law office.

I made a coffee mug once. :rolleyes:

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend who uses torch to give wood that aged look. Come out pretty good actually

Shou Susi Ban, a very cool look and a great way to waterproof wood.

bluesy1213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May as well show some of my work:

IMG_9582.jpeg

The sides match the front. No stain, just Natural Danish Oil finish. The boards were re-sawn to get enough to cover everything. All of the wood came from end cuts and throw away from a local saw mill. There is a pine 2x4 skeleton underneath the maple.

The funny thing is I got a 29 gallon tank from a neighbor, built the stand, and decided that freshwater wasn't good enough and went with my first go at a reef tank. I couldn't see having a beautiful stand that had blood sweat and tears into and not have the best kind of tank possible. So I have to thank my love of woodworking for getting me into the reef hobby.

My tank looks very different than that picture currently.

Last edited:

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All cut out, will need to sand, finish-thinking maybe Danish oil, and wait the clock movement to arrive from Amazon IMG_20201005_095857_774.jpg
Looks great!!, I cannot wait to see the clock finished

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made this asymmetrical bathroom niche for a friend (their design). Still need to finish the 4 doors that go on the main cubbies. Edge-banded (and stained) maple ply with dado joinery. Had to build it on their deck with a track saw and a janky portable contractor tablesaw while being pecked at by their chickens the entire time -- so I'm relieved it's done and turned out okay!

1604859522345.png

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to build 1/4 - 1/3 scale radio controlled flying model airplanes. It is more expensive than this hobby if one doesn't land well. Cristian Eagle and Extra 230 were both made of wood and flew well. :cool:

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also built two long langstroph bee hives for a customer. Here is one of them delivered and set up at her place. These hold 31 frames and she will hold two colonies in each hive for the first year.
Should finish two more this weekend...one for me and will put the other up for sale.

Attachments

• 20201121_110247.jpg
    20201121_110247.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 8

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also built two long langstroph bee hives for a customer. Here is one of them delivered and set up at her place. These hold 31 frames and she will hold two colonies in each hive for the first year.
Should finish two more this weekend...one for me and will put the other up for sale.
I have a friend who keeps bees, he likes to say "don't Warre, bee happy'

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back