Anyone ever buy from Rainbow Reef?

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see listing pop up occasionally as a shared post on Facebook. I see they have a few thousand followers, but no reviews anywhere that I can find. Anyone ever do business with them?

bark1ngspider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They ok...I had a coral from them and the colors weren’t completely the same as the photo....almost looked like a completely different coral!!! It was a monti frag that was listed pink but looked orange

Jonathan4848

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them before. I got a torch. Looked really nice but died after 2 weeks....my fault. They seem a little hard to get in contact with though

Sea Witch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wondered about them too... Just really strange they have thousands of followers and likes but I just went through their post back to November and 99 % of all comments were from RR. Or people saying they didn't get their shipment... I wanted some of the rics but just can't pull the trigger

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching this thread for a little while as I too was interested in trying them out. Without much feedback and reviews I finally decided to give them a try. Below is my experience and sequence of events.

Rainbow Reef does FB drops were you comment "Mine" on the corals you like to get.

On April 4 I commented on a some corals

On April 6 A FB post was created were they lost the notes with coral/person and asked that if you have an order with them to send them a PM

On April 7 I reach out to them based on their post the day prior and they're also supposed to send you an invoice for payment and shipping (Rate varies but since we both are in Fl, it's $25 for me) They responded fairly quick (minutes) and sent total w taxes, shipping and PayPal address. At which time I sent my payment

April 10 I reach out again as I haven't heard on when the corals will ship. They said they ran out of boxes and said they will ship Monday.

April 14 I reach yet again and asked if it was the past Monday 12 or next Monday 19 as I haven't heard back. This is were I consider reaching out to PayPal but decided to see how they proceed. Again within minutes they responded to PM and apologized for the delay.

April 20 They reconfirm address asked for phone number and shipped out corals. Said they put something extra for the long wait and me being patient. Received FedEx tracking number and delivery scheduled for 4/21 by noon.

April 21 Received healthy corals, well pack and double bag. Dipping them resulted in two small bristle worms. I did see my peppermint shrimp going to town in a small aiptasia. I suspect this was on a rock the leather was attached to and must have escape my inspection prior to placing in DT.

My thoughts
I think they're a small store or individual moving lots of corals and believe that's the reason for some of the things that delayed my shipment (ie running out boxes, losing notes)

They're responsive but I do recommend you to reach out to them for any question or concern. (In retrospective they seem more reactive than proactive probably related to small business/individual operations)

I would buy from them again. Like any other vendor I would definitive dip every coral. I would also be more proactive reaching out to them if any issue, concern or questions arise.

PS Recently they change couriers. From reading some of their post they seem to be having issue with FedEx and now are using UPS

Hope this help anyone looking to use them.

Sea Witch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching this thread for a little while as I too was interested in trying them out. Without much feedback and reviews I finally decided to give them a try. Below is my experience and sequence of events.

Rainbow Reef does FB drops were you comment "Mine" on the corals you like to get.

On April 4 I commented on a some corals

On April 6 A FB post was created were they lost the notes with coral/person and asked that if you have an order with them to send them a PM

On April 7 I reach out to them based on their post the day prior and they're also supposed to send you an invoice for payment and shipping (Rate varies but since we both are in Fl, it's $25 for me) They responded fairly quick (minutes) and sent total w taxes, shipping and PayPal address. At which time I sent my payment

April 10 I reach out again as I haven't heard on when the corals will ship. They said they ran out of boxes and said they will ship Monday.

April 14 I reach yet again and asked if it was the past Monday 12 or next Monday 19 as I haven't heard back. This is were I consider reaching out to PayPal but decided to see how they proceed. Again within minutes they responded to PM and apologized for the delay.

April 20 They reconfirm address asked for phone number and shipped out corals. Said they put something extra for the long wait and me being patient. Received FedEx tracking number and delivery scheduled for 4/21 by noon.

April 21 Received healthy corals, well pack and double bag. Dipping them resulted in two small bristle worms. I did see my peppermint shrimp going to town in a small aiptasia. I suspect this was on a rock the leather was attached to and must have escape my inspection prior to placing in DT.

My thoughts
I think they're a small store or individual moving lots of corals and believe that's the reason for some of the things that delayed my shipment (ie running out boxes, losing notes)

They're responsive but I do recommend you to reach out to them for any question or concern. (In retrospective they seem more reactive than proactive probably related to small business/individual operations)

I would buy from them again. Like any other vendor I would definitive dip every coral. I would also be more proactive reaching out to them if any issue, concern or questions arise.

PS Recently they change couriers. From reading some of their post they seem to be having issue with FedEx and now are using UPS

Hope this help anyone looking to use them.
Thanks I appreciate the info and update.

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i went ahead and placed an order as they had a good multi pack deal and a good dealnon a scoli shipping monday to arrive Tuesday. Ill share pictures once they arrive as long as i remember.

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i went ahead and placed an order as they had a good multi pack deal and a good dealnon a scoli shipping monday to arrive Tuesday. Ill share pictures once they arrive as long as i remember.
So i placed my order last week on the 11th and asked them to be delivered no earlier then the 18th he said no problem. He messaged me monday to let me know that they would ship the 18th and arrive the 19th. I have just received the package and it was well packed and they seem health. Some came off the plugs but thats okay with me. Once i have them acclimated and they are all open in the next day ill share pictures for you all to see. The Scolly wasnt able to ship so im waiting to hear if he will have more in soon or hes offered a full refund already for the Scolly.

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are pictures nof the ricordia i have received. The Day after i got them my Tigertail Cucumber had doed so it took a day for them to get happy ish again. The ones that were off the plugs i have moved to rock but they all seem quite healthy and i didnt notice anything after Dipping them.
IMG_20210521_115126.jpg

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order for an Acropora colony (two days ago) but haven’t heard back since then besides an email confirmation with the order.
I reached out via email to ask for the shipping information, label, and estimated delivery date but still haven’t heard back since.
I’ll keep everyone updated, but as for now I’m more concerned with the lack of response than anything else.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never ordered from them, but do follow their FB page. They do seem to have fairly frequent delays, and the recent change in shipping carrier. In general, I get the impression they're good, but I think you have to be flexible on delivery date. You can't assume it'll be shipped when you think it will. So if you have to take off work ahead of time to receive a delivery, that could be an issue.

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never ordered from them, but do follow their FB page. They do seem to have fairly frequent delays, and the recent change in shipping carrier. In general, I get the impression they're good, but I think you have to be flexible on delivery date. You can't assume it'll be shipped when you think it will. So if you have to take off work ahead of time to receive a delivery, that could be an issue.
Thanks! I just hope they respond to my email to inform me if there may be some delays so that I at least know that they’re aware of the order ahahah

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I just hope they respond to my email to inform me if there may be some delays so that I at least know that they’re aware of the order ahahah
Good luck! I've really considered their ricordea packs but don't have much room left LOL. I have been 'warned' by a random FB person that there are a lot of complaints about them, but in the group they pointed me to, I couldn't find any, other than issues with Fedex not delivering on time.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back