Anyone ever keep a Tessellated Blenny?

The following are a few pics from about 1 month ago. I can try and get some current pics within the next few days.

20171104_203251 (Small).jpg
 
Were these fish collected off of Pensacola?
 
Just found this thread and thanks for sharing! It's a shame this species isn't available commercially in the hobby.
 
I STILL want one!! :-)
 
Very interesting thread. Taking an invasive species and making it a welcome resident in our own ecosystems. Will definitely be coming back often to see progress on these guys. Love the coloration and pattern. You might be starting a new trend for their collection.
 
what are these guys like how big do they get?
DVR has had much better luck with them than I have. They dont get but a couple of inches long. In my tank they were fairly reclusive and behaved like other barnacle blennys. DVR has been able to observe them far better than I have and will hopefully chime in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new