OP
R

Rvs187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it on my Bubble outbreak, it took time along with manual removal it did itd job. I still use it for maintenance as well.
So after you got rid of the problem, you still using it regularly?

OP
OP
R

Rvs187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it on my Bubble outbreak, it took time along with manual removal it did itd job. I still use it for maintenance as well.
Any side affects on fish , corals or invertebrates?

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and I haven't seen any issues. I know there are pros and cons about everything we put in our tanks. What works for you might not work for me.

Vibrant takes time to work as well, I had to use the dirty tank dosage until problem was resolved. Go to Vibrant's website to do your own research.

Keep up on testing, remember the algae issue might give you false readings since it using NO3 and PO4.

good luck

OP
OP
R

Rvs187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and I haven't seen any issues. I know there are pros and cons about everything we put in our tanks. What works for you might not work for me.

Vibrant takes time to work as well, I had to use the dirty tank dosage until problem was resolved. Go to Vibrant's website to do your own research.

Keep up on testing, remember the algae issue might give you false readings since it using NO3 and PO4.

good luck
Thanks for all the help

JulianHuntToronto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H2O2, Vibrant and a very strict daily maintenance regime of scrubbing rocks and changing filter floss daily eliminated GHA in several weeks. Deven at Reef Dudes has a good video here: ReefDudes GHA

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read all about using hydrogen peroxide. Added per the instructions a 3% to my 120 gallon tank and it nuked all of my fish within 3 hours.

I don't know what happened in your tank - but that doesn't sound right... ?

There are a lot people who have dosed it in their tanks for various reasons with absolutely no ill effects.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any side affects on fish , corals or invertebrates?
There was just a thread by @lion king where vibrant killed all 3 of his lionfish.
I would definitely say it is a little risky.

But there are many who have used it on their tanks. A few have issues (some major) and many reefers do not have issues and it works.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was just a thread by @lion king where vibrant killed all 3 of his lionfish.
I would definitely say it is a little risky.

But there are many who have used it on their tanks. A few have issues (some major) and many reefers do not have issues and it works.

I remember using h2o2 years ago in a fu/fuzzy tank. I didn't have enough of any results to do it long. You figure all h2o2 is, is water with an extra oxygen molecule. It had no effect on the liions, or much on the algae as I could remember. I used the regular kind but food grade would definitely be better, then you know all it is, is water and oxygen.

Vibrant is another story, I did do a thread on my experience. Until they are forthcoming with what is actually in it, I wouldn't use it. My experience leads me to believe that there is more than meets the eyes, and dont be surprised of internel organ damage that may not show up for a while. Then you have no connectivity to your vibrant usage.

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link on page one has a decade of patterns and tank doses 300+ for pattern scoping

We're ten years and only one reported fish loss, the one here. It's fair to doubt the link to peroxide given stats. I wonder if fish being randomly right in the dosing pathway/ gill burn possible explanation

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant is another story, I did do a thread on my experience. Until they are forthcoming with what is actually in it, I wouldn't use it. My experience leads me to believe that there is more than meets the eyes, and dont be surprised of internel organ damage that may not show up for a while. Then you have no connectivity to your vibrant usage.

Why would they tell anyone exactly what is in it"? Does Brightwell tell you exactly what is in MicroBacter7? Does Red Sea tell you exactly what is in NO3: PO4-X?

And to suggest that it causes "internel" [misspelled] organ damage to fish with ABSOLUTELY NO evidence is not only ridiculous, it's libelous.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would they tell anyone exactly what is in it"? Does Brightwell tell you exactly what is in MicroBacter7? Does Red Sea tell you exactly what is in NO3: PO4-X?

And to suggest that it causes "internel" [misspelled] organ damage to fish with ABSOLUTELY NO evidence is not only ridiculous, it's libelous.
Did you even look at his thread? If not then I suggest you do so before being so obnoxious.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i can see we still get stragglers from Reef Central. NoPox is 6:1 EtOH:AcOH (ethanol : acetic acid). The AcOH is ~3% and it is carbon dosing, you can find it if you look it up. MicroBacter7 is a combination of aerobic and anaerobic microbes. They don't tell you the exact formulation but they do tell you what it is. Vibrant says it's bacteria, in my post I questioned "if it was more than bacteria"?. By the reaction of my all of my lions and the results of algae reduction in another tank, it is something to question. Some in that post suggested it was an algaecide. I would never had dosed an algaecide into my lion's tank, 3 lions that I had for 8 years all died within hours of each other, Vibrant was the only addition to that tank, and yes I do understand displacement, and calculate water volume when I build each of my tanks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back