Anyone fish in here?

newave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE the photos of everyone's catches!

Grew up fishing freshwater and finally picked up a pole again back in March after 12 years away from the sport! Was nervous since it had been so long, but once I had it in my hand it was like riding a bicycle - second nature. :)

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry fly trout action is picking up right now in Vermont. I landed this 20" brown the other night, took a #12 March brown dry fly.
OC BROWN.jpg

I also live on a mostly wild trout stream and commonly catch browns like this.
sept brown.JPG

I can catch landlocked salmon like this in the fall, 10 miles from my house.
MCsalmon2018.jpg
MCsal2019.JPG

We have a decent river run of smallmouth out of Lake Champlain so mid to late May can be fun with light tackle, fish are common up to 20".
20bass.JPG

I like fishing for panfish in the winter as well.
future fish tacos.JPG

This is where I work https://vtfishandwildlife.com/fish/fish-stocking/salisbury-fish-culture-station

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd launch after work in the sound, catch 2 porgies, head back and put them on the grill for dinner.

Which van stall? I have a VS150 circa late 90' on a 9ft Ron Arra Lamiglass. I finally had it serviced last year.

PM if you every want to head tp the beach for some surf fishing . Not 4 wheel but I do have both the NYS park night passes and the Caumsette Park pass.
Love to fish Porgy but not so much eating them, too bony for me but my mom loves them and I catch for her. The Van Staal was a Christmas present from my GF and I was all excited thinking it was a VS that she bought me, turned out to be the VM150. She didn't want to spend close to a grand for a reel and said this one will do just fine. Can't complain though because the VM is built like a tank and I'm not swimming out to the boulders at Montauk, so no need for a completely water proof reel. Thanks for the offer!

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1592698070810.png

A crazy double header on very light fluking gear today off Fire Island. I decider to cast my 20lb test, kastking 2000 reel 2 ounce bucktail with a teaser at bunker pod that was getting hit by blues to see what was on the floor below and boom. Two blues hit the line on the drop and turned the rod into a U.

In a normal year I'd have 5-10 blues bite right through 40lb test like it was a spider thread and bend large jigs like paper clips. No way would I think the set up could have put two blues at once in the boat.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1592698070810.png

A crazy double header on very light fluking gear today off Fire Island. I decider to cast my 20lb test, kastking 2000 reel 2 ounce bucktail with a teaser at bunker pod that was getting hit by blues to see what was on the floor below and boom. Two blues hit the line on the drop and turned the rod into a U.

In a normal year I'd have 5-10 blues bite right through 40lb test like it was a spider thread and bend large jigs like paper clips. No way would I think the set up could have put two blues at once in the boat.
Bluefish are eating machines!

My most memorable bluefish trip was on a part boat when I was in my early teens. 10 lb blues were snapping those party boat cod rods in half. Me being a skinny teen struggled to land those fish.

Another memorable evening was when I was walking off the beach at Napatree point, RI. I saw all these little "shells" washed up along the shore. They weren't shells, they were peanut bunker getting pushed up on the beach. I started tossing my casting spoon.....hooked up with several 3 to 4 lb blues right in the breaking waves.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back