OP
OP
lkriley

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! About an hour northwest of detroit. I have a buddy who got me into reefing that lives about 30m south of Grand Rapids. There's a big community of Michigan Reefers!
That is great to hear. What's the best LFS in the area? In Kzoo we have a small family shop called MV Pets. They actually do a great job. Just not a huge selection.

OP
OP
lkriley

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 minutes from downtown Detroit here.
North, south east or west? I'm trying to get an idea of about where people are so eventually we can arrange a swap meet that is convenient for all...or at least as close as possible to convenient. I'm thinking spring, after the snow is definitely out of the picture. April/May time frame. I think it would be great to get together with other reefers and talk/swap corals/share pics....

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you're here!
reef_page_title.png

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! Right at the OH/MI border here. What reef stores can you recommend?
I been to all the stores Squidward stated except have not been to Pet Connection yet. I have had really good luck with fish from Stingray bay. Low prices and during sales ridiculously cheap. I have bought and QT two chromis back in Aug. I have a flasher wrasse, yellow coris wrasse and a tailspot blenny from there finishing up Copper Power today. Happy Reefing!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back