Anyone from ohio?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got great advice above, some places I still have tocheck out (Salty Critter and Bluefish) and the rest I've been too.

Would second the recommendations for Aquatica, Great Lakes, and Extreme Exotic Pets

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Salty Critter & Blue Fish are top notch.

Great Lakes fish and coral are brand new, but on their way up there. Recommend checking them out.

Aquatica is great as well, just a bit over crowded and have weird hours.

Avoid aquatic technology, RMS, and Jurassic Pets at all costs, IMO.

Reef Oasis and Triton are now closed.

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got great advice above, some places I still have tocheck out (Salty Critter and Bluefish) and the rest I've been too.

Would second the recommendations for Aquatica, Great Lakes, and Extreme Exotic Pets
Blue fish is awesome for their quality. That is one of the few places I've been to.

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty Critter & Blue Fish are top notch.

Great Lakes fish and coral are brand new, but on their way up there. Recommend checking them out.

Aquatica is great as well, just a bit over crowded and have weird hours.

Avoid aquatic technology, RMS, and Jurassic Pets at all costs, IMO.

Reef Oasis and Triton are now closed.
Why do you say avoid aquatic technology? I definitely agree with Jurassic pets but I was in aquatic technology today and it seemed okay. Tanks were clean and they had a pretty big selection. But with Aquatica being 10 minutes down the street I'd rather just go there.

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why do you say avoid aquatic technology? I definitely agree with Jurassic pets but I was in aquatic technology today and it seemed okay. Tanks were clean and they had a pretty big selection. But with Aquatica being 10 minutes down the street I'd rather just go there.
You must have gotten lucky. Tanks are usually pretty gross, but I have a pretty high standard I suppose lol. Also the fish have a tendency of being hit or miss for diseases. And the staff is...subpar lol. But hey, to each their own!

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must have gotten lucky. Tanks are usually pretty gross, but I have a pretty high standard I suppose lol. Also the fish have a tendency of being hit or miss for diseases. And the staff is...subpar lol. But hey, to each their own!
Tbf the foxface I got from aquatica is currently in QT with ich. From what I've heard that's pretty normal with them and not necessarily something to worry about. He's eating and seems healthy other than the spots

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back