Anyone get the new Kessil AP700?

SifuMemphis

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
538
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS on Monday, and it looks like they received and were selling the new Kessil AP700. I am just curious if anyone purchased them, and how they liked it.
 
I received mine on monday - but don't have a permanent mounting solution figured out for my tank yet and have not tried any function beyond the touch controls...so there is not too much I can comment on...

The build quality is excellent - the touch controls are flawlwss - they don't run hot and the light output is very good.

From the front pannel you don't get the full spectrum control that you get from the app...but I can say he optics have gone a long way to minimizing the shadowing while still keeping that led shimmer.

I've got two running over one end of an 8'x3' tank with all of my old leds (4x120W) at the other and the kessils blow them away with regard to color and output - but most pleasantly surprising is the uniformity of the illumination and penetration - without hot spots - and minimal shadows...I'm at a bit of a loss to explain how they did it.

Sorry I can't tell you more...but so far so good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new